Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official Vintage Torque Fest Thread May 3-4, 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Peope there are gunna shit! They dont know what there in for! See all of you soon ! Gunna be a blast!!!

2. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I'm making some new prints to sell at the my art booth this week. I've always had fun at this show. Hope to get a chance to step out of the booth and see some of the cars there. Stop by and say hello.

3. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Pre registered and ready to go! Haven't missed one yet.

4. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Russco what are you bringing?

5. Zaq

Zaq

Checking the weather like I have OCD. Can't wait for this! Headed up Friday afternoon sometime. Got my camping reservation last week. (If anyone wants to let me and my buddy use their shower at a hotel near by saturday morning I'll buy the coffee and donuts) Is it May 3rd yet?

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

6. IowaGirl

IowaGirl
    from Ames, IA

Hi!
    First of all, sorry, I'm brand new here. I just found this while searching for information on Torque Fest, and decided to sign up and say hello. Hope that's okay.

This will be my first time at this show, I'm excited! I'm coming from Ames, IA area and will either be driving over by myself or convincing a girlfriend or two to come along, hopefully make some new friends too!

Does anyone know of cool vintage clothing and/or antique shops in the area? I know there will be things at the show, but I'd like to explore too -- hit up local places, if any, while I'm in the area.

Secondly, and more importantly, does anyone know of any good bars for after the show on Fri and Sat nights? Will be staying at the show for all the music, but will definitely want to find a place to continue the party when the show wraps up at night. Not too picky, but a good spot that serves a stiff drink and has great music is first choice. Friendly towards heavily tattooed females is also a plus. ;)

Just booked a room for downtown! Really looking forward to this!

7. Jamoke

Jamoke

Welcome Iowa Girl Stop by and say hi at the show look for my Roadster

8. Jamoke

Jamoke

As of today I still have not received my Volunteer Packet for the show .

Any one else ??

9. IowaGirl

IowaGirl
    from Ames, IA

Thanks for the welcome, will do :D

10. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I am bringing my Cometkazi truck. I sold My Model A coupe and the shoebox convertible I had there last year. I am building a 40 Coupe now and was hoping it would be done by now but I am not even close!

11. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I dont know about any local bars but you have just won the hearts of hundreds of HAMB'ers..... LOL

12. IowaGirl

IowaGirl
    from Ames, IA

I hope you're serious! Can't wait to meet/mingle and party!

13. von zipper

von zipper

Welcome to the party!

14. Me too

15. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

GOOD!! I'm really excited to see it!!

16. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Yeah, me too, I ain't got mine yet either !!!!!!!

How's that for the Kings English?????

B:DB

17. Speed~On

Speed~On

Don't apologize IowaGirl, the more the merrier and we're glad you're here. You may want to PM verno30, he is on this thread and he lives in Dubuque. He may have some ideas for you since he's local.

Sounds like there will be plenty to do at night. I know at past Torque Fest's there have been more than a few HAMBers who got plenty D-runk at the bars at night and partied their asses off. :D

Russco, glad you're going to be there. I was going to PM you and ask as I was wondering as well. A Torque Fest without Russco....yeah right!

18. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

If you haven't received your stuff yet, I suggest you email John. I know he started sending out preregistration stuff last week. The closer to the show, the less likely your going to reach him. Gene

19. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And don't PM John through the HAMB from now until after the show. Time is getting short until the show starts and he won't be on the HAMB much, or at all, as he is working on last minute show details. It is best now to email him at his Vintage Torque site if you have any questions about Iowa's best traditional car show!

[email protected]

20. iarodder

iarodder

Try headin over to Galeena, Il (20 minutes) its worth a trip.:cool:

21. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Looking forward to seeing my Midwest extended family!

22. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I am glad you're going to make it.Ill see you there. I assume you will be the RatRod welcoming committee ; )

23. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Looking forward to seeing you bro. I'm not working, just spectating, but I will be giving people extreme looks of disdain who shouldn't be there :mad:

24. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

TudorJeff will be on the gate with his stick....oh wait - that is a different show! Ha. We are super excited that your work schedule was able to fit in VTF. We always look forward to seeing you do your duty up at Symco and now we hope to see you glaring at baby strollers at our show. (anyone wants to know TudorJeff's idea of admission prices for cars shows - just ask him!)
    As for those that have not received anything in the mail - PLEASE do not email me here.
    Email
    [email protected]

As Steve has said - my time on the HAMB gets less and less as the crunch time approaches. Everyone SHOULD have their mailings by tomorrow. We sent some yesterday and have a handful to go out today.

Not sure if we told everyone on the HAMB but we have 525 pre registered for the show from 18 different states!!!!
    We are blown away by the support.
    Keven Carter of Car - N - Art said back in 2009 "what, is this like a Field of Dreams thing - if you build it they will come?"
    I laughed
    but it seems like this is exactly what is happening.
    Oh - and those that are there on Friday - we are actually cruising out to the Field of Dreams - so there ya go.....full circle.
    Seeya there RAIN or shine or snow

25. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

TudorJeff has a work schedule?

26. Hey Iowa girl you ll be welcome there for sure and no needs to go to the bars cuz johns got plenty of bands and stuff to enjoy yourself for sure! But watch out for the weird clown walkin around at the bands that will be me! Stop me n i ll buy you a drink! If you dare lol!

27. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Got my registration in the mail today. Ten more days and counting

28. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

What are you bringing?:D

29. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

My wheels came.. Here's a little preview before I get all of them on the ford!!

Attached Files:

30. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

Looking forward to seeing you too! Do you like cherry pie? J's got a new recipe . . .

I had a rod bearing go out in the phaeton. :mad: I just pulled the motor last Sunday, and hope to have it back together for Torque Fest. I'm going to be driving this #@$% car this year if it kills me! :cool: