Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official Vintage Torque Fest Thread May 3-4, 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Jun 14, 2012.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Well.....
    I guess it is probably too early to start telling everyone about the event next year.......
    but we have already been booking bands, securing hotels, working on pre party and after party details....
    There are a lot of details that go into this event and we just want everyone to know that we are going to do our best to make the transition to Dubuque as smooth as possible.
    The town of Dubuque is really on board with our event and have already waived the loud pipe ordinance for the week of the show....
    This is just how dedicated they are to helping the show succeed.
    We hope you will join us at the Dubuque County Fairgrounds May 3/4, 2013.
    We have already had people asking about pre registering - we will be getting that info up on the site very soon.
    We also will be announcing some really cool music acts very soon and show ya the initial art for getting the word out.
    Thanks to everyone for making the show such a success!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

I plan on going again! Hopefully I will have my 53 down .

3. ...been waiting to see this post, never too early to let people know what's going on. The move to Dubuque will make the show much better with all that area has to offer. Can't wait for the upcoming cruz to check out the new venue; I've never been there myself.
    You can count on the Tin Butcher's support again for sure.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  4. Good lord here we go again! You know im always behind John and Kim one hundred percent n hope they have more sucess again this coming year!

5. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

I'll be there and maybe...just maybe...I'll trust my 55 Buick enough to make the trip! I plan on vending for sure. John...we need to kick around ideas for something for the artists to paint up for the auction. I have a cool idea I'll have to run past you. I'll talk to you about it at the KKOA Leadsled Spectacular at Travis's place.

6. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

No, it's not too early. It helps alot to know the info and date of upcoming shows, sooner rather than later. I definitely will be there, next year. After all, I haven't missed one yet. :D:D:D

7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Todd - THANKS for thinking of ideas for the art show-
    It is THIS kind of collaboration with those "in the mix" that makes our show worthy of coming out to.
    The Tin Butchers know how to run a swap meet - that is why we put them in charge of that section.
    Ed Tillrock, Todd Jones, and a couple of others help wrangle the different artists....
    We appreciate the support and the unique angles each group put on the events.

This last year we had Lucky Tubb come up and fill the honky tonk country slot.......
    year before that was Whitey Morgan....
    next year - we think we are gonna be able to get one of the honkiest tonkiest Texas troubadours around.........
    We should know on Monday if they will sign the contract!

I know some out there dont appreciate the music....
    but Scott from Romin' Chairots, one of the guys that I see at almost every car show I go to stated-
    "My and my friends see all the same cars at all the shows we go to....
    we look at the bands as entertainment for US. We always go and watch the bands- hearing new music is one of the reasons we like going to these events"
    This is also what I look forward to at events like Lonestar, Greaserama, Symco, and Viva. I hope those that attend Vintage Torque Fest will give the music a chance.

8. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

and I have already been getting emails asking where the location is....
    here is the address:

14569 Old Highway Road, Dubuque,
    Iowa, United States, 52001

For those of you that think this is out in the middle
    of no where........here are some distances:

Madison WI -
    miles
    Des Moines IA - 199 miles
    Rockford IL -
    miles
    Peoria IL
    (home of the Bombs Away Bash) -170
    miles
    Cedar Rapids IA -
    miles
    Rochester MN -
    miles
    Joliet IL -
    miles
    Milwaukee WI
    (home of the Cheaterama)- 178
    miles
    Waterloo IA -
    miles
    Albert Lea MN - 2
    miles
    LaCrosse WI - 12
    miles
    Ohare Airport - 1
    0 miles
    Beloit WI -
    miles
    Galena IL -
    miles
    Maquoketa
    IA - 31 miles
    Quad Cities (Davenport IA / Moline IL) -
    miles
    Wayland MO (home of the Rust Revival) - 1
    miles
    Morris IL (former home of the Hunnert Car Pile Up) - 1
    miles
    Symco, WI (home of the Symco Shakedown) - 2
    miles

9. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Too early? I already had my hotel booked weeks ago. I talked to my instructors, and it sounds like I may be able to arrange my clinical dates to be there all day Friday and late Thursday. I may still need to oull a few strings yet to get it to happen, but I am trying.

10. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Dale Watson is the real deal....
    He will be playing Vintage Torque Fest 2013.

11. GREASER815

GREASER815

I can't wait. I have my room booked for both nights, ready to go. Will be volunteering again this year as well. Have a blast every year!

12. Volunteering again for me also n put me in the back so joe public dont havta look at me!

13. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, "That's country my ass." Can't wait to hear some real country again. So John, did your baby make you gravy when she found out he signed? Gotta love some Dale Watson. I hope I can make the Iron Invasion to see Wayne Hancock too. You know how to book the good stuff my man.

14. GREASER815

GREASER815

Know I know why we got stuck in the back gate booth, where no one could see us.....

15. But at least i had good company lol!

16. Hey John ,

May as well send me at least a dozen panels this time, make it nice and early so I can return them again for Autorama. Worked out really well last time, no damaged stuff either ! I have many friends here in canada willing to help out again. Still thinkin' boards?
    Cheers,
    Chris.

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Curse Stapley - I gotta tell you - your crew kicked butt....
    and honestly - some of the stuff that was done was mind blowing....
    thanks so much for all your help and yes we are already gearing up for the art show - dont want to announce anything until we get everything set in stone.
    Thanks again and we appreciate all the support.
    The volunteers that have been with us from the beginning know how much we need them.
    I hope that this year the numbers will increase.
    Tin Militia did an amazing job last year juggling volunteers that did NOT show up.
    This year we will be giving preference to those that fulfilled their shifts.
    I think there are a lot of people out there that dont care about the music....
    but for many of us - the highlight of a cool show is getting to see some bands that you may have never heard before.
    Hope everyone comes out and gives the new location a chance in 2013.

18. I dont think i hardly missed any bands this year n they all kicked ass! To bad you missed me with my clown make up on john maybe next year!

19. Master of None

Master of None

That was make up????? that's what you look everyday:D

20. Sssh dont tell anyone!

21. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

UPDATE - Burn Out Pad WILL be a part of the show in a totally different area of the fairgrounds.......
    so if you want to go out on the dirt track - and then head on over to do a burn out - feel free.
    The Dubuque County Fairgrounds have been really receptive to all the suggestions we have come up with.

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

23. Master of None

Master of None

Got fliers yet? my shop wall is looking bare.....

24. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Yes - we do have postcards ready to roll - just send me your address and we will send some out to you.
    [email protected] is the best way to get in contact.

25. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If anyone booked through Hotels.com or the like, check your reservations. I had booked mine before the deal to go to Dubuque was even final and they screwed mine up. Fortunately they got me a room in the hotel next door for the same money. I guess I should have booked on the phone in person.

26. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

just got a peek at the new Car-N-Art promo material for Torque Fest!
    Looks way cool and after some tweaks - I think Keven will post it up for all to see.
    We will be putting this image on the back of the registration card for Iron Invasion - so you can hang up the reg card in the garage when you get home.

27. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

Shit, I might miss it this year. I will either bring a Very Pregnat wife and 1 year old son, or a newborn and 1 year old son. Which would be more entertaning.....

I will deffinatly think of something good for the auction and you will have it way before the day of the show;)

Jeff.

28. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn Son, you don't waste any time do you. Congrats again. We'll miss ya but Kids trump alot of things you'll find.

29. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

see ya there !

30. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

wow!
    congrats!
    remember to have the ultra sound tech pay specific attention to that heart!
    We love you and know you will be here in spirit even if you cant be here in person....
    and I think you have a pretty good excuse!!!!