Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage OFFICIAL Vintage Torque Fest 2014 Thread May 2-4 Dubuque Iowa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Dec 17, 2013.

1. rickman454

rickman454
    from Marion, IA

I can understand your frustration. Most of us aren't trying to be assholes. You also have to understand the attendee's frustration. You preregister, make the haul, and then told your wheels are four-years too new to be considered "traditional". After being kindly let in because they liked your car anyway, you witness dozens of rides floating on air ride suspensions: 45-year old wheels, not traditional, air ride, traditional?

If, like you say, it's a traditional show, then you need to determine what that means before the show. As long as there are some consistent standards, then no one has the right to complain.

Once again, I posted my account to be constructive. Please take it that way.

The wife and I had a great time. You guys put on a hell of a show.

2. And yeah i fit in with the locals alrite! As long as they had a beard n lambchops n covered in tats n wearin a top hat! I looked like a run away carney! Sat in the back cant believe you missed me!

3. iarodder

iarodder

Verno and John, WELL PUT! The show is a great opportunity to make a difference. Unfortunately my wife and I are un able to have children, my niece was born very premature (she only weighed 2.2 lbs.) and I am thankful for her! But that being said people seem to loose the real reason for this show, for that I say stay away. I was only able to come for 1 day but it was well worth it! John puts his heart into this and we should all support it or stay away and keep your mouth shut! Thanks to all the H.A.M.B.er's that get it!

4. GoinGreen

GoinGreen

Hahaha

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I'm just curious. Did you read the entry requirements for this show before preregistering your car, driving to the show, and then almost getting placed in the "Classics and Chrome" lot?

6. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

I read the pre requirements, so I could build my car for the show. My car didn't make it but god willing will be there next year.

7. Good you wont be sorry! Unless your a winer n dont wanna have a good time!

8. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

It was our first time We had a lot of fun, only complaint I have is the Mini bikes! Looked so fun we have to build a couple!!! Seen 1 with a side cart made out of a Farmall gas tank. Pretty cool
    It's to bad people forget what events like this are truly for, It has to be a ton of work. Thanks again more than met our expectations and put me back in the Garage. Excellent motivator :)

9. I had the coaster wagon there cuz im to fat to walk!

10. Dave Labs

Dave Labs
    from Wisconsin

Had a great time at the show. I dragged my Dad out of the house to come with me. It was really the first time he had been on a trip since we lost my Mom several years ago. My Dad is still talking about how much fun he had seeing all the cars.

11. Rusty Cheese

Rusty Cheese

We got the Tiki that Hot Rod Jen Painted. Absolutely love it!!! Great event and thanks to all the volunteers! Can't wait till next year!!!!

Attached Files:

12. Anybody else got some more picyures for show and tell?

13. Lostinwisc

Lostinwisc

A few more ..

This photo thing is pretty neat !!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  14. I parked so many i didnt really have much time to look all the neat stuff! I guess i ll hafta learn how to post some of my own!

15. Lostinwisc

Lostinwisc

Pretty easy Camel Toe ... scroll down to bottom hit upload a file(next to Post Reply -- in blue) pick the photos out of your puter ...& presto they're uploaded ....hit Post reply .. you're done ... Pretty cool ....

Attached Files:

16. von zipper

von zipper

Had fun as usual! Here we are on our way home,

Attached Files:

17. adamatson

adamatson
    from illinois

18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Thanks to Speedway for coming to Vintage Torque Fest and supporting the show. The crew that came out seemed to have a great time. Here is a quick video that everyone can kind of get a vibe of what we do in Dubuque in May.

19. Mertaw

Mertaw

Hey Sam wanted you to know your art work has a prominent spot in the man cave! Thanks again for your donation! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1401939958.427414.jpg

20. looks great,...nice place there, thank you again.