Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official 2016 Meltdown Drags Thread - What are you doing to get ready?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Nov 23, 2015.

1. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

YIKES!
    NOW I WILL BE OFFENDED WHEN SOMEONE CALLS ME A HILLBILLY !

loudbang and saltflats like this.
  2. image.jpeg Was somebody saying something about a tow wagon for the '56? Well, meet Yesterday's Cousin!

3. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ric,
    My good friend Don's late wife Peggy had a '56 Nomad that was just about my favorite car ever.
    Every time I see one I get all goofy.

It sure would be cool to drag the Child around behind a 56 Nomad with a matching paint scheme.:)

4. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am just wondering how many of us are going to make your horse "squeal like a pig" !!!:D:D:D

Tickety Boo and saltflats like this.
  6. powrshftr

powrshftr

Spend more time getting that thing running,and less time bragging about your super rare nos tail light lenses if you wanna pull off that miracle Princess;)

Scott

saltflats likes this.
  7. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Wisconsin International Raceway opens April 16th for Test and Tune.
    10am - 4pm :cool:

Snowing again today 1" - 3" (Global warming my ass)

Ready to go except clean up and hook up. :rolleyes: oil change.jpg

loudbang, BigDrag, mad mikey and 4 others like this.
  8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Must be one hungry 327 there Norb

9. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

Nah - its only 350hp - says so right there on the valve cover...

loudbang, Tickety Boo and powrshftr like this.
  10. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Errr-ummm Fossil Fuels Yum - Yum

11. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

AYE CARUMBA! :eek: I'm keepin' my distance ftom you Scott! Jeff, can we please be pitted on the other side of the property from Scott, I don't wanna have to sleep with one eye open like Metallica said! Scott's apparently been spending too much time in solitude!

powrshftr likes this.
  12. powrshftr

powrshftr

In fairness,I do probably need to get out more often Marcus.....lol!

Scott

13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You damn right Scott get out in the shop and make that stallion burn a tire.

Deuced Up!, 55belairx2 and powrshftr like this.
  14. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

James if he makes it burn a tire he will have to put a different brand o motor in it like a Chrysler or a Chevy lmao

Deuced Up! and Tickety Boo like this.
  15. powrshftr

powrshftr

Until I get any motor at all in it,the only way it's gonna burn a tire is if I throw on on the bonfire out behind the shop....lol

Scott

loudbang likes this.
  16. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ps:
    Jackson just likes to pick on me cause he's one of "The Cool Kids" aka front engine dragster jockeys.
    And I'm jealous as hell.So jealous,in fact,that I made a couple phone calls the other day....Todd Schmidt is gonna let me stop by his place and take a bunch of photos and measurements of that gorgeous machine of his.
    I've been thinking,since the Canadian government has been kind enough to pass legislation to make my street car that I've owned for a quarter of a century illegal due to safety equipment I've added (insurance companies will no longer touch cars with cages and 5-point harnesses in Ontario due to new legislation.Thanks assholes),then I guess I will just build a full-on race car.
    I mean,why trailer my street car that I can't drive on the street anymore?I'll just build a supercharged,bored and stroked 354 and stuff it in a King Chassis ,get some decent looking bodywork fabbed up for it,and be that dragster pilot I always wanted to be.
    I guess I'll be shopping for a fire suit soon.
    Oh,and AJ,which ever one of those "Freight Train" cranks you don't use,I will borrow the other one back.....What an Indian Giver.lol!

Scott

17. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Scott The way things are looking currently the Willys may lose a motor in favor of the dragster not sure just yet I will probly be called a "Scotty" for not showing up to the meltdown with it but I figure if I bring the digger instead I will be forgiven pretty quickly after the first tire frying pass in it

18. powrshftr

powrshftr

As long as you show up with SOMETHING,and especially something as cool as that digger!

If you talked shit all year,then showed up with nothing.....Well,that's a special kind of torture that you not only have to endure all weekend,but for the entire following year,until you can redeem yourself at the next Meltdown.

I am 3/4 of the way through this process,but the Albatross won't be around my neck for much longer Brother!:)

Looking forward to Meltdown 2016,and hoping we get assigned a pit spot close to you,James,David Tanner,Jim with the Vette,and Big Jim.
    You guys are the best:)

Scott

19. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

I wonder now if this is another way of saying that "I'm going to get a dragster and get out of the Okie Doker class because I'm scared."

Okiedoker likes this.
  20. powrshftr

powrshftr

Whoooah!Pump the brakes there Zettle Bros.....The only thing scared in that class,is every car that doesn't say "Lakeshore Shaker" on the side of it..;) lol

Scott

21. powrshftr

powrshftr

Honestly though,I just had all this shit sprung on me about the insurance etc.
    I'm so fucking angry right now I could fight a grizzly bear with a nail file.

If I would have know that our government was going to take it upon themselves to make the car I have worked on for 25yrs illegal to take my children for a ride to go get icecream and impossible to insure,I would have just skipped it,and built a FED years ago.

Scott

loudbang likes this.
  22. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Well that's a real piss fucker there Scott.

62Furious, Deuced Up! and powrshftr like this.
  23. powrshftr

powrshftr

You got it James.
    I'm still gonna drive it to the track though...lol

24. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

I see your point Scott. Our insurance on our cars become null and void when we put them on a track. I guess we can count our blessing that we can still drive them on the street.

25. Got the Skairlane painted today. Had a lot of help from my fellow Border Bandits the last few days with wet sanding and a ton of masking and unmasking. I set a goal to have it painted in 3 weeks and today was 2 days over 3 weeks. Really happy with the turn out its been longest 3 weeks of my life glad it done. :D

Attached Files:

26. This was yesterday the frame and inside of the body is done in this picture.

Attached Files:

27. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You may have to change the name to "STARE"lane! ...cause everyone is going to be looking at it.
    Looks awesome!

28. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scott do you know what this crazy looking homemade contraption is? I will give you a hint....it is not a Hillbilly sex toy!

20160409_122541.jpeg
    It is actually a sign! It is says SHAKER GOING OUT OF BUSINESS! We are about to prime the little "Princess" to fire her ass!!!!:p:D

loudbang and Tickety Boo like this.
  29. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Looking forward to Meltdown 2016,and hoping we get assigned a pit spot close to you,James,David Tanner,Jim with the Vette,and Big Jim.
    You guys are the best:)

Scott[/QUOTE]

You guys just remember what he said earlier about hillbillies and their hobbies if you do end up pitted near him...you've been warned...

Deuced Up! and Tickety Boo like this.