Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official 2016 Meltdown Drags Thread - What are you doing to get ready?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Nov 23, 2015.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

Also,for Jeff's viewing pleasure:
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1454611069.015357.jpg

I'll just leave this here for your viewing enjoyment Boys...

Scott

2. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep...me too. I have one of the early Nash units with the torque tube case. I was thinking the same thing on 5th gear...might even try Drag Week one day if I can get them to loose the insane rule that no gasser class car can have a chopped top!

powrshftr likes this.
  3. powrshftr

powrshftr

4. the chopped top rules do suck. as soon as the top is chopped the only class options are unlimited. daily driver or hot rod without a blower. like there was never a chopped blown gasser or hot rod. I have had a few discussions with them. the rules get set a few years at a time. there may be hope next year. the current rules are up for review after this year.

5. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

6. at last years event they were talking about a possible stick only class or a special award for fastest stick. they want more blown cars to attend and may make a rule change to entice them into coming out. its too bad the ls engines have taken over most classes. there was a cammer and a 409 last year that still had its alum front end on it.

7. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I think they should do a vintage engine class like bonneville allow a "beauty chop"

loudbang likes this.
  8. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have sent a few emails to them myself. I said: "Just to be clear on this rule, you are saying, if Mazmanian's Football or Herrera or Jim Oddy's Dorsets shows up, YOU are sending them home?!....Malco, Prock & Howell, Pitman...None of them can race in the blown gasser class? No response.

9. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

.....Sorry about that don't get me started. But this thread is about the Meltdown Drags! So back to the debauchery!

powrshftr and 55belairx2 like this.
  10. they do have some rules regarding engines from certain years. I think the hot rod class had a pre 62 rule. don't quote me on that. they also have rules on efi in some vintage classes.

11. Dear Mr. Norbinator,
    It must be said, that, if you get spanked by the Sea Shore Nag, you will be here on out know as, "Tickety Boo Hoo", end quote, signed officially, everyme!

12. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

L.O.L Now I am sitting and laughing. :D

powrshftr and 55belairx2 like this.
  13. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

I have not heard a 8000 r.p.m. missed shift in a long time.:rolleyes:

Hmmm 66 less than my 327 = 261?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    loudbang, powrshftr and 55belairx2 like this.
  14. Jeff's going with a manual gear box?!

30dodgeboy, powrshftr and Tickety Boo like this.
  15. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Debauchery??? Never heard of anyone running one of those....that a manual or automatic???

powrshftr and Deuced Up! like this.
  16. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Sounds French...

17. Dagenhiem, Debauchery, 220, 221, what ever it takes!

55belairx2 likes this.
  18. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Maybe came in Citroens or LeCars???

19. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Say what you want about the Le Car....but I will tell you it is single handedly responsible for one of the greatest racing safety devices in history: The Hans Device. The device was designed in the early 1980s by Dr. Robert Hubbard, a professor of Biomechanical Engineering at Michigan State University after talking to his brother-in-law, road-racer Jim Downing, following the death of one of their mutual friends, Patrick Jacquemart who was killed when his Renault Le Car struck a sandbank leaving him dead on arrival with head injuries. FROM A LONG LINE OF USELESS AUTOMOTIVE TRIVIA! LOL

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    hipster and loudbang like this.
  20. i bought a hans at pri last year. it may not be traditional but it will be safer.

21. When it comes to your safety, or anyone else's take no chances. Soon as you take a short cut, you'll get bit.

loudbang and powrshftr like this.
  22. cs39ford

cs39ford

That's why my 56 is on the street for know. Needs to be up dated from the 1960s safety rules. The safer the better I say

powrshftr likes this.
  23. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Okay guys a Renault Le Car have you worked on one ?
    We are all taking chances
    Drive your car to your ability
    No winners or losers we are going to have some fun and a bunch of shit talking about who is going to have the most fun.

Tickety Boo, powrshftr and racer-x like this.
  24. a recent crash has me rethinking everything in the name of safety. some here know the story. for those that don't this may interest you. one of the biggest issues was the suicide doors. i had the safety pins in use. the rescue personal couldn't open the doors from the outside. i couldn't open them from the inside as i had gotten kod. good thing there wasn't a fire. i never really thought too much about that before the crash. i have some ideas to fix that problem. i was using hollow chromoly bolts to hold the body to the frame to save some weight. bad idea there. they all sheared on impact exempt one. me and the body almost went for a ride separate from the chassis. there will be solid grade eight bolts used from now on. the engine had no travel limiters going to the frame. the engine and trans almost got thrown out of the chassis. the cast aluminum 1 inch mid plate / adaptor broke in three pieces. the motor plates bent big time. if i would have hit the traffic barrier going backwards the engine would have gone out the back window. the fire extinguisher i had mounted on the roll bar was ripped off its plastic mount hitting me in the jaw. the drivers side wheel was ripped off the axle almost coming through the drivers window. now most would read this and think wow what a crash. that that was a crazy on track incident. no not so. all this damage happened in a parking lot due to a broken brake line. the car was no match for the concrete. I'm posting this in the hope that everyone will look at their car with a critical eye toward safety. i never could have imagined this type of damage from ideas i used to build this car. we all have the urge to lighten things up. is it worth your safety to save a pound? ask yourself is the ten year old helmet safe? are you going to wear a fire suit? are your belts current etc. lastly it may not be you causing the crash. it may be the guy in the other lane. this was a real wake up call. every one has time before race day to take a long hard look at their car. i don't want to see anyone hurt. if it prevents one injury this post did its job.

hipster, loudbang and Tickety Boo like this.
  25. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Okay with that being said...Scott I am pretty sure I will have the fastest Doug Nash at the Meltdowns!

Tickety Boo likes this.
  26. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Grandma told me that some of those,

( Clutch Pedal Guys )

My have some sorta micro- penis-complex going on. :D

27. powrshftr

powrshftr

If this is some kind of trick to get me to let you see it,it's NOT gonna work.Give it up Norb!

Scott

Tickety Boo likes this.
  28. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Hmm 261 ci.

29. powrshftr

powrshftr

What is it you're driving,anyhow Deuced?Im guessing a Chevy II?

I'll take a run at it....I don't care if I'm bringing a knife to a gunfight.Its all in good fun!:)

Scott

Tickety Boo likes this.
  30. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Careful what you ask for Scott