Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Offenhauser triple carb linkage setup - HELP !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hepkat63, Jan 15, 2018.

1. hepkat63

hepkat63
    from Australia

Hi All,
    I have my offenhauser triple carbie manifold on my falcon six motor (see photo) and the linkages are doing my head in! I can get the centre carbie working ok, but as soon as I try to hook up the outer carbies on a progressive linkage that's when it stuffs up. Problem is getting it to return back to idle - the linkage won't return back unless I put copious amounts of return springs everywhere, then the accelerator is too hard to push! Does anyone have this setup and they'd like to share some photos of their offenhauser linkage setup please? I am just using the ones that came with the manifold.[​IMG] https://photos.app.goo.gl/By1clA0KQNLLD5UB3[​IMG]

2. Sounds like they are binding up and not in alignment.Do you have extended throttle shafts or are you trying to hook them up using the standard shafts?

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

You asked a question back on June 22 2017 about the intake, https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...-inline-six-falcon-200.1066687/#post-12105938
    It might be that the end linkages need to be adjusted to replicate these setups. They could be over centre and the rods from them to the carbs need to be adjusted. You shouldn't need that much force to return, something is drastically wrong with the geometry of the bellcranks and the way they are set up. The end [outer] carbs should come in at about 65% throttle with all three (3) open all the way at WOT..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Tri-Power

Tri-Power
    from Memphis

Can you send pics of your setup?
    Let's see what you're working with.