Register now to get rid of these ads!

Offenhauser dual port

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dutchtreat, Apr 27, 2010.

1. dutchtreat

dutchtreat

Has anyone ever used the Old Offenhauser dual port 360 single quad mainfold? If so what did you think of it. Looking to maybe get one for a 400C engine that I want to get good mileage out of.
    Dutch

2. I started a thread about the same manifold. If you go to my public profile, then to threads started, it is titled Offehuaser Manifold Questions. I am thinking about putting mine on a 327, got some good feed back from the board.

3. Over on the FE Ford site a member who has his own dyno ran every brand intake he could find on a mild 428. When compared to the others the Offy dual port was one of the worse for HP & torque. I would imagine it had something to do with the divider in the port. If I had one I guess I would use it on a driver but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one. I know this test was on a Ford but most likely the results would be similar with a SBC.

4. dutchtreat

dutchtreat

Bjinx thanks for the info. I checked out your post. Now all I have to do is find a dual port Offy for a 351M/400C Ford!

5. Sorry saw the 400C, and being a chevy man, anyway there was a hamber selling one in the classified forum a month or so back can't remember ford or chevy, but he said Summit or Jegs was still selling them.

6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I'd try to find an old Edelbrock SP2P intake (don't even know if they made them for your engine) long before I'd even concider an Offenhauser Dual Port. Butch/56sedandelivery.

7. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Ran one on a Pontiac years ago, just because it came with a pile of GTO parts I bought. The stock cast iron quadrajet intake I replaced it with worked better.