Register now to get rid of these ads!

Off the beaten path

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Little_E, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Little_E

Little_E

A few years ago I worked in the Great Smoky Mtns. and someone showed me this car a few yards off of the trail from where we were hiking. Aparently it was no secret since every time I went back there was more damage to it where someon would beat it with a stick or something.

The story is that when they closed operations of the logging camp in Walker Valley (current day Tremont) this car broke down while moving gear in and out, so they just pushed it off to the side of the logging road and never went back for it. So, after sitting in the woods for 60 or 70 years this is what's left.

Attached Files:

2. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I've seen cars like that with similar stories, and I always wonder the same exact thing: If it was abandoned out in the middle of nowhere, then where the hell is the engine, chassis, wheels, etc.? I mean, I can see someone hauling out headlights, critters eating seat covers and any fabric, even trim pieces being carried out. But these things are always missing HEAVE pieces that would require more than a couple tools to remove and a truck to haul out!
    -Brad

3. Thumper

Thumper

Hell man......Bigfoot is building a rod!!!