Register now to get rid of these ads!

Odins701 is in the hospital with burns over most of his body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5756r, Nov 19, 2009.

1. wife and I will lift him in prayer till he is well.

2. coupe5w36

coupe5w36

3. 5756r

5756r

Thanks to all of you, we will be giving him the very best all of us have to offer, our spirit filled hope. He will experience the power of prayer, hope, inspiration, comfort, strength and encouragement. I thank you all, each and every one of you for all of your prayers, thoughts and wishes. Blessings abound ten fold in each of your lives and 100 times over for Odin. The race has started and now we are all watching and waiting for his successful finish!! Praise and Glory!!

I'll print these out tonight at about 7pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

4. chaco

chaco
    from Modesto,CA

That's crazy sh!t man,Thoughts and prayers sent.

5. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

prayers sent

I was in the burn unit once for gas burns, the months that follow are the toughest, but he can get through it. I will try to pm him when he is out.
    wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dear Heavenly Father, please bless this man and his family...in Jesus' name, amen.

7. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Sorry to hear,

Prayers sent from all in N.C.

God bless and god speed for a quick recovery.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Prayers sent to him and his family and friends.

9. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

....though I walk through the shadow.... thy (hot) rod and staff comfort me.....God be with....

10. calvinh

calvinh

Prayers for he and his family.

11. WOW.. Prayers sent !!!!!

12. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

All the best to him. Hope he pulls through ok.

13. enginebloch

enginebloch
    from norfolk va

I've met him several times as I've sold him parts and done some odds and ends for him at the shop. I'm at a loss for words for what he is going through now. He is a super nice guy and I wish him a quick and healthy recovery.

14. 5756r

5756r

UPDATE ON ODINS701......................With respect to his family, details will be kept to a minimum. He's in complete sedation and receives donor skin grafts twice a week or so. His odds of survival are not discussed. I talked with him for about 15 or 20 minutes and prayed aloud with him as well.

I believe that those in sedation can hear our conversations and all of us should believe in that as well. He was speaking with his family before sedation though.

He's a remarkably resilient man and I know in my heart that he will pull through this. Keep him in your prayers.....everyday. He'll remain sedated (completely), for several months until the grafts are done and his limbs have been moved to stretch the skin.

A special thanks to Chandler and his friends for doing up some sweet pinstripe and custom panels for his room and a plate for the end of his bed. Thanks again as well for all of the support all of you have displayed and the generosity you have extended to his family if the need arises.

I got an infraction for this post, so please save this to your favorites. I'm afraid if I make another post I'll get kicked off the site. I wasn't aware that it was against the rules to "...create drama and the use of religious underones". That's cool, it's not the first time faith has been chasisted and I know that rules are rules. It keeps out the bad as well as the good I suppose.

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Burns are such a bitch to treat, even worse to suffer. Sending my thoughts.
    Doc.

16. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Prayers sent for strength and mercy.

17. 41 Dave

41 Dave

5756r, I will continue to keep your friend in my family's thoughts and prayers. Your strength of hope is flowing to your friend and it will aid in this painful recovery.

41 Dave

18. 5756r

5756r

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts wishes and prayers. Below is a link to the HAMB Chapel, where all future updates, including the most recent from yesterdays visit.

It seems I violated the rule of "creating drama" on the General Board, so I have moved all future updates to the Chapel. A special thanks to HKESTES for sending me a PM and inviting me to join. I encourage all of you to join as well.

Please use the link and subscribe to it for weekly updates. The first post on this link is important as it gives you yesterdays visit to Cliff, his current condition and the prayers printed for his family. I thank all of you, sincerely. May God keep you and yours. Please keep in mind too, that the rules are the rules and I suppose that it keeps out the good as well as the bad. I praise God that it keeps the latter out!

Here's the link to the HAMB Chapel. It's always open, come on in anytime!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?do=message&groupid=186

19. Rattlepopbang

Rattlepopbang
    from Va beach

Man...I'm a lil late on this one. Our thoughts are with You Brother!

20. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

not trying to start "drama" but this thread needs to be bumped from time to time,this isn't someone fighting over what wheels to use, this is a fellow member with horrific burns who is fighting for his life. He is nowhere out of the woods, he is in danger every single minute of every day of contracting an infection that could kill him, and he is going to be in horrible pain when they have to start cleaning those burns. A good friend of mine burned himself with gas, a year or so before he died from cancer, and what they have to do to treat the burns is best considered gruesome. you wouldn't understand unless you've seen it in person. thank you everyone who is supporting him, he's gonna need it.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  21. motorhead711

motorhead711

Will pray for the brother!

22. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

23. hlhpa

hlhpa

Just read this:
    Prayers sent.

24. Iluvnos

Iluvnos

25. krooser

krooser

Been on fire twice... not fun at all. May God bless him.

26. HotRod33

HotRod33

I will keep him in prayers...

27. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

Prayers sent, get well soon.

28. burgetts99

burgetts99
    from Cincinnati

Healing prayers sent...with peace to his family.