Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical oddball Stewart Warner fuel gauge

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustynewyorker, Aug 26, 2018.

1. I looked at a ton of stuff in old threads and web searches, and found only one like this that sold on eBay but the seller didn't seem to know any more about it than I do.

It looks like it should be a 70s SW 12V fuel gauge, but has no logo and sort of a white bib with a V'ed bottom, and "fuel" where the logo would be. Flat glass. Around the upper edge it says Stewart Warner 818518. Case seems to be brass, so maybe intended for marine use. Or maybe factory install?

Can anyone point me in the right direction on it?

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Did a quick check on the SW website products page and all their current fuel gauges have 5 digit part numbers instead of the 6 digit on this old one. You may need to go to their website and use the contact link and ask the source. Jimmie

3. Yes, I believe it's from the early 1970s, current codes don't apply.

301 is a S-W number for fuel gauges. Looks to be 301 BT R71. The B I am not sure on, going by the bottom half I can make out. R points to 1972, but the 71 confuses me as date code info on Roadsters.com and I think Summit imply the date code should be two characters.

What these are called, or if there's even any others (amp, oil, etc) like it, I have no idea.

4. alchemy

alchemy

Intended for marine or industrial. Not the hot rod market.