Register now to get rid of these ads!

odd hub caps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustom_kreep, May 19, 2009.

1. kustom_kreep

kustom_kreep

ok odd question is there a hub cap out there that would signifie a straight eight instead of v8 and to make it an even tuffer search i want them to fit a 34 ford wirewheel.

2. kustom_kreep

kustom_kreep

all right i was told that pontiac had one that just had an 8 on it is this true and would it be possible to make it fit my ford wheels?

3. kustom_kreep

kustom_kreep

wow am i way off

4. Just get '34s and grind the "V" part off. Or, just write, "psyke", or "not" under the V8 part. Just a thought.

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

There were quite a number of hubcaps that had "8" on them but most are the small screw on style true "hub"-caps rather than the dish style.

6. Last edited: Jun 12, 2009

7. You can't grind the "V" off.

The V is stamped right along with the cap and is simply depressed sheet metal.

Get a smoothie baby moon cap that snaps on.
    Hit the junkyard and find a car with a chrome plated die-cast "8".
    Drill the caps and affix the "8" to the cap with the original mounting system and add a little JB Weld to the miix.

Want some big "8's"?

Small aluminum address numbers at Home Depot.

Or cut em out of sheet aluminum yourself.

It's ok to ask if this stuff is available or even out there, but if you want to be original, most times you have to do it yourself....

8. Jax2A

Jax2A

Or maybe buy the smoothies and have the "Straight 8" lettered on them? Or engraved by a trophy engraving place? Just another idea.

9. kustom_kreep

kustom_kreep

thanks guys i like the idea of making them out of the smoothies