Register now to get rid of these ads!

Odd finds in new projects?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guitard, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

I think I put this in my other thread, but when I picked up a '50 chevy truck it had been parked since 1982 and most of the drivetrain was in the cab, except the block which was in the bed. It sat in my garage for a year until I finally cleaned all of the mouse skeletons and trash out of it. Under the whole pile I found a paper bag and inside, wrapped in plastic were an original shop manual and a brand new, original style cloth loom harness. Both were completely untouched by weather or mice. Quite surprising, but it completed my assumption that the engine had a problem and it was parked with good intentions in 1982, almost 30 years before I bought it.

2. I found the other 10,000 threads here on the exact same subject!

3. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

and you joined the sad group of whiners that make such comments---congratulations...

4. flathead okie

flathead okie

Several years ago, in a scrap yard I frequent I found.......................one of the yard workers looking at a nudie book he found and choken his chicken in the front seat of s 64 fairlane I was gonna get parts off of. I kicked the door real hard and left. I told the owner and they fired him. I didn't go back there for @ a year.