Register now to get rid of these ads!

odd ball road light, any idea ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skidmarks, Jul 23, 2013.

1. skidmarks

skidmarks
    from USA

its marked Notek on the top of the lens and drive master on the bottom. the bracket i think could have been english.

anyone know anything about it? would be cool to find another to use for headlight. has sort of a oval shape

Attached Files:

2. Looks like the bracket the light is mounted on was designed to fit over a spreader bar.

But, I don't have a clue. HRP

3. badshifter

badshifter

German I believe. Made lots of WW II blackout lights, tank lighting and the like. Auxiliary lights for Mercedes and others.
    I think this is the same as yours.
    The drive master was a driving light, and the fog master was a....hmmm...I forget. Remember lots of them in Switzerland on VWs, Porsches etc.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  4. Entlebucher

Entlebucher

Hello skidmarks
    Notek is the brand of "Nova Technik", a company from germany that produced headlamps and other accessory lamps (foglights, searchlights...). I think the accessory fog light on my A is also Notek. They are especially known for their masked head- and rear-lamps for military-cars they invented in the 1930s.

So i think they might be easyer to find over here in europe. Found a pretty similar looking Notek-Headlamp on Ebay (pretty pricy IMHO):
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/Mercedes-Aus...DE_Autoteile&hash=item25806ae29a#ht_142wt_803

5. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

European driving lights of the 30s and 40s were quite often mounted in the middle (bwtn the fenders) in front of the grill. The one on ebay is advertised as such.

6. Very kool lamp there Skid. Glad some of our Euro pals could shine some light on it.

7. pruneface

pruneface
    from Australia

Hi Skidmarks,
    Just wondering if you still would like to get a second Notek Fog-Master. I have one which I have done a little bit of reconditioning on and I would like to sell it.
    It looks very much the same as the one in your post, but its matt black with copper rivets and some brass components.

8. Send him a pm, pruneface. I'm sure he would like to hear from you and he may miss this post...........................Don...........................................p.s. interesting screen name!:)