Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage OCT. Texoma HAMBurger Run...ROAD TRIP!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer32, Oct 12, 2011.

1. racer32

racer32

<TABLE class="uiInfoTable mvm profileInfoTable"><TBODY><TR><TH class=label></TH><TD class=data sizset="70" sizcache="2">Texoma Harley-Davidson is having their annual car and bike show from 8:30-6:00.

Normally, I wouldn't consider going to an event at a factory store, but everybody's favorite Hot Rod Rock 'n Roll band, Pushrod, is gonna be playing, so I'm gonna be there and support them.

Meet-up behind Texoma HD (close to our normal meeting spot) at 6:00-6:30.

THEN WE'RE TAKING A ROAD TRIP!

Saturday night is the Forest Lane Cruisin' Reunion in Dallas. We're gonna head down there after we leave the Harley shop at ~6:30.

If need be, we can meet up with folks along the way. Maybe at Main Event in Plano.

8:00-11:30 is the Forest Lane Reunion. http://www.cruiseforest.co<WBR>m/ [​IMG]

Last time there were literally thousands of folks there, and we had a blast.

Burgers???? We can decide Saturday where the group wants to eat.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. darkhorse2

darkhorse2
    from Louisiana

I'm thinking about heading over that way Sat. a.m. from Louisiana. Can you tell me how far apart the two events are?

3. racer32

racer32

The HAMBurger Run's starting point at Texoma HD (Sherman, TX) is a little over an hour north of the Forest Lane cruise (Dallas, TX).

4. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I wouldnt mind catching up with you guys for the Forest Lane part.. Wheres everyone hanging out at ?

5. racer32

racer32

If it's anything like the last Forest Ln Reunion, wherever we can find a spot! Hopefully, we'll be able to park together. You can look for The Blue Koolmongous. It's pretty easy to spot...just look for the ugly blue 64 Chebby truck that needs paint. Might be parked with some friends with a nice school bus yellow 63 Chevy truck, and a yello Manx-style buggy. Don't know for sure who all is driving down with us yet.

6. I am planning to do this .

I hope my old `56 makes it ok. lol.

7. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

We'll be out in my 52 Chevy hanging out. Gonna meet up with Dirty2 and anyone else I recognize.. If you see us come by and say hello! See you on Forest lane !

8. damn....why does EVERYTHING have to be happening on the same day....and all over the place.....shzzzzzz.

9. racer32

racer32

No kidding! there are at least two car shows and a parade right here in Grayson County tomorrow. We do this 3rd Saturday of every month. Usually we meet in the Home Depot parking lot. hang out and swap lies, then go eat burgers. I usually post them on the calendar and here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=188

10. racer32

racer32

Donman, do I need to bring a tow strap? LOL

11. racer32

racer32

we'll be looking for ya!

12. sololobo

sololobo

Sounds like a fun gig, you can't go wrong with Mike and his pushrod brothers tearin it up. Have fun kids, ~sololobo~

13. racer32

racer32

We had a blast, and the Pushrod boys tore it up. Elvis even sat in with them for a few songs. They didn't play "Yuppie Biker Go Home", though....wonder why? Thanks for playin' "Devil's Bowl" for me!

After the show, we scooted down to the Forest Reunion-didn't seem to be as many cars as last time, but there was still a BUNCH. We hung out behind the bank, swapped lies, and had some adult beverages. Thanks everyone who came out! Saw a few HAMB'ers there that didn't drive down with our bunch. Already making plans for next month!

RB