Register now to get rid of these ads!

Oct 2011 Banger Meet. Not all that scary...Really.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazydaddyo, Oct 1, 2011.

1. RussTee

RussTee

Just plain Bill yes thanks Bill I received it I will be doing a varation of that there seems to be a lot of different versions of this but all the basic principles are the same oiling and sealing up A ,B and Tee motors is probably one of the most discussed topics to do with early Fords in the standard form I would say yes they all leak but in the modern form with shell bearings and modern seals ect I feel we should be building motors that not only go better but should leave a cleaner footprint [plus as being a greybeard now I dont like crawling under the car to wipe off excess oil] It is my goal to build a car that not only is inovative looks nice and goes well and is safe but also is welcomed at friends properties without leaving oily footprints where ever it goes.

2. That would be nice Russ but is it possible ? I was talking with a friend about that very topic the other day and he quoted someone that said
    " they don't leak, they are just marking their territory"
    One more task to tackle on the roadster. I guess its just part of the fun running a four banger....:D
    Ron

3. Michael_e

Michael_e

Hey Bluto,
    This is a little off topic, but we finally got our house sold in Denver and now have got almost everything moved to Kansas. You were right, i should have just cut our losses way back then when we talked. Live and learn, right? Anyway, i've almost got the Bridgeport unpacked and re-setup and going to get started on some of those Banger related projects. Might even have my '28 coupe on the road this spring. Thanks Mike

4. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Hi Mike

I'm sorry to be right about on that

Anyone have a print for the early HAL dohc? The one with bolts arount the cam covers

5. Michael_e

Michael_e

Bluto, Is this what you were looking for???

Attached Files:

6. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Nice cold drive to work today

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I can't think of a better way to end a work week

7. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Yes mine is a mess.... No problem getting heads made but I need a print any ideas?

8. Michael_e

Michael_e

I'm still digging out a lot of my stuff, but, think that Charlie Yapp (SOSS) would have some resources or a contact.

Mike

9. Anyone have anymore info on the Kong oil filter adapters? Or how to run oil lines on a Model A block? Thanks guys!

10. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Pic of the kit might help
    Is the filter bolted to the side cover or do you have to have a return line?
    With my car it didn't have a filter the 1st 80 years why start now

11. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Bluto,
    Could you have your head scanned with a 3D scanner. I know that might not be possible in Poland. But it is used a lot around here. They can use this info to make a physical model to use as a casting pattern.

12. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

That is exactly what we are doing. But drawings would help with the cores

Actually since Poland had very little we they got free of Soviet control. So there is the latest and greatest now accessable. We even have sliced bread :D

13. RussTee

RussTee

Bill great looking countryside but glad we are moving into summer looking forward to long trips in the RP along the less used roads of New Zealand but glad to see you still out and about
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I can't think of a better way to end a work week[/QUOTE]

14. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

I dont know beans about bangers..but this has to be a rare head treatment ?

Attached Files:

15. MrModelT

MrModelT

Not the rarest of the rare as far as Model T OHV conversions go, but the ROOF Model B 16-valve heads are not commonly seen.

16. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

[/QUOTE]

10"-12" of snow for sat.
    Is it summer yet....

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  17. I posted this on the Fordbarn and had over a hundred lookers but no suggestions. Any thoughts. <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    What spark plug would you suggest for a stock motor with a B grind on the cam and a orginal 6 -1 Cast iron Winfield head? Carb is a BB Winfield and flywheel has been lighten to 42 lbs. I will also be using a Model B dist. The head takes the 18mm plugs. Thanks

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  18. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

Hi Nick,

I have a Kong filter mount on my A motor. I like it. I will take some pics for you and post tomorrow.

Troy

19. ebtm3

ebtm3

AC 45 or C45 (heavier electrodes) or equivalent

Herb

20. Thanks Troy that'd be a great help mate!

21. Thank you but I must have been having a bad day, the head takes 18mm plugs. Ken

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  22. Champion D-16 might be a good place to start. I made some 14 to 18 adapters but thats getting pretty thin. I run the D16's in my 2 port and plan on starting with some in my Winfield "Crows Foot" when I put it on. The plugs are plentiful and reasonably priced if you shop on the internet.

23. noboD

noboD

VW used a 14 to 18 MM adaptor as a repair, back in my aircooled VDub days. VW part number is 111-101-451A. They are still available, I found several on the net the other night anywhere from $1 to $14 a piece. Panhead, I think D-16's are what's in my Farmall tractor, so Messicks would have them.

24. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

A little fun in the SNOW...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  25. I found them from $1.80 to $13.00. They are usually used in industrial engines or tractor engines. My car with the 2 port in it ran 84 MPH at the drags so I think the plugs work rather well. I ran a FS distributor and gapped them at .060. I have 14 mm plugs in the Al Winfield gapped at .040 with a stock B distributor with a Mallory coil. That ignition ran the Winfield flathead to 82MPH.

26. Thanks Bill, I will get a set and try them.

27. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

Nick,
    Here is a picture of my setup. The mount is attached at the oil pan rail, below the side timing cover. I run full pressure, so one line runs from the side of the block at the oil pump to the side inlet on the filter mount. Another line runs from the top of the mount to a fitting I installed in the block just below the valve cover. This connects to the oil lines I ran in the valve chamber. I hope this helps.

Attached Files:

28. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  29. 64crump

64crump
    from Alta Loma

Crazydaddyo, thanks for all the banger threads and posts.

Attached Files:

30. Troy here is a picture of my filter adapter. My adapter has one of the holes on the side plugged with just a fitting on the top and side.

Do you have to drill your own holes or are there holes available to use? I'm really new to this banger stuff so not really sure how it all works. Do you have pictures of your oil lines inside the valve cover?