Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical OA torch info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rokkett77, Oct 23, 2015.

1. hey guys.

I'm thinking about getting a set of torches in the near future and was wondering what to expect to pay for a complete setup. I know that I can probably pick up a used set off of Craig's list, but everything that I've found in my area so far has been pretty old, and I'd really like to have something new.

I saw this set at Tractor Supply the other day but the price seemed kinda high for such small tanks.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...plete-torch-outfit-with-cylinder?cm_vc=IOPDP2

Also, is it best just to rent the tanks or should I buy my own tanks, and is there any particular mfg that you guys prefer?

Thanks for any info.

2. i can't really advise on the price since it's been a long time since i've bought my torch setup , but i think those tanks are big enough for a home hobbyist . my torch is Victor also

buy or rent tanks depends...who will be filling them? Tractor Supply? i own my tanks , but the place a got them from years ago are kinda assholes and give poor service when they exchange them. the is another place in town that wish i was with....but they will not exchange/fill my tanks since they did not come from them. so i'm kind stuck unless i want to buy/lease new tanks