Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods O/T White's Pit Shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bonehead II, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Bonehead II

Bonehead II

Hey Guys
    I want to buy some parts from White's Pit Shop in Schereville IN. Does anyone know of these people ?. I am from Ontario Canada and never herd of them, just don't want to get ripped off, not saying that they would do that, I just don't know them....Thanks
    Mike

2. There is a couple of poor reviews on yellowpages.com from last year, Plus you can google and find some other poor reviews, doesn't sound good. But you should see if anyone else responds with their actual experience, over the last year with them and see whether it was positive or not for them. Dave
    https://www.yellowpages.com/schererville-in/mip/whites-pit-stop-459338122

3. Bonehead II

Bonehead II

Thanks autotran.
    With the information that you have given me, I think that I will move on.....Thank You
    Mike

4. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

well there and old speed shop, use to sponcer alot of race cars back in the day. i live about 30 miles away from them, you can pm me with any questions, if its something i could go look at for you i would be happy to do. i can understand you being cautious.

5. Bonehead II

Bonehead II

Hello Mr. rd martin
    They have Lakewood bellhousing on sale for $496.00 I have never seen them that cheep before, that's why I though I had better ask around, saying that I need one for a 383 mopar with a 4.80 or larger bore.....Thanks
    Mike

6. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I drive by them everyday. They don't impress me. Was different when Jim White was there. Now, not so much. I think he's been gone from the business for over 30 years? Back in the 80's, at their old joint, I was driving by about 1a.m., and noticed a van parked crossway in front of their window. Just as I went by, I see a guy step put of the side door of the van and reach in the broken window and lift a blower off a display engine. I turned around, followed the van, got the license, etc., went back and gave info to cops. Jim's ex never said thanks, kiss my ash or anything. I don't have much use for them.

7. models916

models916

Been around since the 60s. They show up at a lot of Chicago hot rod functions.

8. SS327

SS327

In 1986 I went in there and ordered a cam. They asked me if I could leave a deposit. I think I only had $5.00 or 10.00 on me, they said that was fine. I left the deposit, came back a week later, no cam and for the next 4 weeks same answer backordered finally the 5th week they said were not ordering a cam with such a small deposit. I told them they should have let me know a month ago I had the cash in my pocket for that long. I said screw it got my deposit back and called up VanSenus and had the damned thing the next day. Never set foot in Whites again and neither have my friends.

Denny