Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T ? What is a reasonable price for a 2 car garage?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruisinkruty, Mar 13, 2007.

1. cruisinkruty

cruisinkruty

What can I expect to pay for a basic 2 car 24X30 garage with a concrete floor and basic wiring. Any help here is greatly apprieciated folks. Oh yea,location is Cleveland Ohio:)

2. Have you tried asking at garage journal?:D

3. mikflathead

mikflathead

6 years ago I sold one for $120 K. Oh ya, it came with a 4 bedroom bungalo.

4. mikflathead

mikflathead

24 X 30 is really a 3 car.

5. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

I had one built two years ago. 30 X 40, 12 ft at the peak, double size door one man door. Concrete was $4.50 sq ft, insulated building was $8700 plus $6000 to erect it.

6. guiseart

guiseart

I always see an ad in my local carbuyer that shows one about that size for under 3 grand, delivered and assembled on your pad... I'm sure electricity and pouring the concrete would be about that too, and it might not even come with the damn doors if you read the fine print, but I would think under 10k.

7. flatford39

flatford39

I built a 24 x 36 last summer and I had 18K in it real quick. That included the concrete, shell, roof, garage doors, window, insulation, drywall (both walls and ceiling) and siding and trim. Doing the electric now and should have it operational in about six weeks.

Keep in mind I worked with the crew to defray costs and am doing all of the finishing myself. I am in the Chicago area so costs should be comparitive. It's no longer cheap to put up a building anymore. Do it while you have the funds.

8. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

There is a weekly shopper type paper here called the Bargain Post. They list several companies who build or supply kits for you. Often, all you have to do is supply a concrete floor, but on some you don't.

There is one here that lists a 24x30 w/o floor for $3895.00

Another which is 30x30 w/floor for $9000.00

One 30x40 (10 ft walls) w/o floor for $5808.00

Another 30x40x10 w/floor & insulation for $11K

These are all sheetmetal/steel type buildings. I'm pretty sure that most are somewhat insulated, but you'd have to call to ask. Check around where you are and you'll probably be able to find something similar.

9. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I guess I should add that this is for the basic shell only for the most part. You'd have to wire it yourself or farm that out. When I grow up and have a real place of my own, I'm going for the 30x50 or the 40x60 so I'll have plenty of room!

10. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

24 x 34, 12" ceiling, one tall/wide garage door, about $13K. Talked to the builder first, got some odd-sized windows he was stuck with, did the basic wiring myself. Pole barn construction - started with 16 foot 6x6 pressure-treated beams on 4 foot centers, 3+ feet into the ground and 12+ feet up. Insulated; exterior siding -type material for interior walls.

11. john56h

john56h

I just had a 28x28 eight foot wall height wood framed garage built by a local company that pre-fabs the walls and trusses, then trucks the section to the site and erects it plus does the siding, roofing and high quality garage door. It included 2 windows and a nice entry door. Price was $17,000 without concrete or site work.

I had the concrete work done for $8,000 which was a lot but included full depth footings and 8" thick frost walls, the full slab flloor at 5" thick and the walls extended up 1 foot above the salb to keep the wooden structure away from the earth and provide an aditional 1 foot of ceiling height (now 9').

Then I had to add in for site work. Excavation, backfill, driveway, gravel, etc... and I still have to finish the interior with insulation and wall/ceiling treatments and wiring.

WAY more than I was expecting to have to spend, but I need a shop big enough to store a few and still work on one. It will only be more expensive in the future, so I "bit the bullet". No regrets.

[​IMG]

12. flathead okie

flathead okie

[​IMG] 30x30 total cost w/insulation ,floor, doors, and elec. $10,500.00 turnkey

13. Definitely check out the Garage Journal - you can find alot of info there. It just so happens I ordered concrete yesterday for a slab we are putting in this Friday. A 16' wide and 30' deep 1 car garage, wide enough to open both doors of the car & deep enough for stuff in the front with room left over for walking around the car. Dug my own footings, already have steel forms to get a straight square slab, already had the square mesh left over from another project, already had the steel stakes and anchor bolts. The footings and the slab come to about 8.25 yards of concrete. However, you can only order in full yards. 9 yards of concrete delivered came to $1,241 out here in Southern Arizona. I have a brother and a friend who can finish it after it is poured. Point being, you can save alot by doing as much as you can yourself. Once the slab is done, the rest is easier and you can proceed month by month.There are books you can buy at the Lowes or Home Depot to teach yourself. Good Luck:D

14. Gumpa

Gumpa

I just got a bid from Allied Steel Buildings today for a 30 x 40 all steel building (No WOOD) and with shipping, blue prints, and everything except the Concrete and doors is $9800. This is a big erector set that 4 good guys can put together in a weekend. I really like the open floor plan and the strength that Allied has in their buildings and it is completely fireproof. By the way Somebody buy my 2 acres with a 3 bedroom house and a Big Man Room so I can afford to move. Gumpa

15. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

I built my shop using shipping containers.

I put four side by side, cut out the interior sides, made a 20x32 shop with fork-truck rated wood floors and four 8'wide doors.

Then I took the sides, cut them into strips, welded strips together and used them to frame a gambrel roof with 12'clearance.

Only site prep needed was ten footers.

Got some old style storm windows, cut holes in sides and screwed them in.

I'm looking at spray-on urethane insulation painted white for the walls.

Unfortunatly I "fire tested" it two years ago. Pressure washed the sides and a new paint job and it's was good to go.

You might find some extra tall ones in your area for more headroom, or give up the "second floor" and put on a truss roof and cut the tops open.

Lotsa possibilities. Here's a pix -- doors are closed on bottom where I do metal work, top will be woodworking area.

[​IMG]

The blue is the color of the containers, the off-white is what happens when LOMLWMBO says "paint them NOW" and hands me some paint.:rolleyes:

16. tpw35

tpw35

I built one a few years back that was 26x30, I did it all myself with the exception of pouring the pad an putting up the roll up door. I had around 9000 in it. Todd