Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/t We Have A Reputation,hamb Power

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29bowtie, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A friend of mine, gave me a heads up, to check out one of those "other" sites. You know a "rat" site. On a thread of funny pics someone posted the following pic. Then someone else added this caption "This is NOT a funny picture. The guy probably went over to the HAM(sic) ,you know just to show off his Rat,then first they punched him in the nose,stepped on his foot, and blackened both of his eyes. posted by bonehead @ www.boneheadCustomZ.com " Keep up the good work everybody. "Keep it traditional":D

2. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

That is a hambers car. Or at least the picture was taken at a Hamb Halloween party..........

3. I knew it's a HAMBers car, but it's the caption that was added that i'm talking about. Seems like the "rat rodders"are feeling the heat when they show up here(and no, i'm not saying that car's a rat rod).:rolleyes: This guy posted the "caption" to add to a "humorous" photo,that someone else posted.

4. i clicked on your link and didn't find much there but you mentioned a thread,is the site setup similar to the hamb?

5. Skirv

Skirv

Don't be a jerk 29bowtie. YOU are a registered member of at least two "rat rod" sites, including that one for over 5 months, and have posted on both of them. Now you want to look cool in front of the guys. Let it go.

6. BadLuck

BadLuck

Ouch!!...Busted!! :D

7. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

:D Red handed!

8. I never said i hadn't registered there, yes i had,and posted 4 times. Didn't care for it, it's not the HAMB. That's why i had to have the post pointed out to me,since i hadn't seen it,till i was told"that HAMB place must be rough on people". by a non HAMBer. As for that other site you mention,i registered at, i think i may have checked it out also at one time, maybe you could tell me when i was last there,since you seem to know all about them. Also,I don't even try to call my current ride "traditional" in anyway,in fact have openly said i wish someone would be interested in buying , or trading for a different ride because it's not my interest anymore. As well the car in the picture wasn't all that visible so i wasn't passing judgement on it, or it's owner since i don't know much about the car,it may be an unfinished car or a ratrod, you tell me, i'm not claiming to know either way,you are. I also think taking info off of my bio and posting it elsewhere maliciously, is something everyone here should note. Since you seem to be against "tradititional hot rods" and the HAMB(with your comments over at ratrodsrule about the ''traditional police at the HAMB)" why are you on here?

9. Skirv

Skirv

Go back and check it again smart guy. Are you drunk? I didn't even post that, someone else did who read your post here and it was directed at you based on your post. I happen to like traditional hot rods (have you seen my cars) and other types of cars. I have said nothing against the HAMB. I was merely pointing out that you are lame for posting this thread.

I hope this thread gets locked.

10. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

feel the heat!

there is a reputation though-
    I get to go all over the country and talk to tons of people and I have found out that a LOT of guys like to read these threads - but they refuse to post or put pix up for fear of getting hassled by other members of this here community.......
    I have heard this from all over - Boston to San Diego - guys just dont want the drama of getting into what is "correct" or what is truly "traditional"............

my plea once again - as the great Rodney King once said - "cant we all just get along?"

ok
    now back to the regularly scheduled spat .........
    oh

and what are the other sites that people are referring to?

I have only ever heard people talk about the HAMB
    so

much like ebay - it is all sewn up before the stuff ever gets started cause this was in on the ground floor so to speak - everyone else will be seen as newbies.................kinda like me!
    ha

ok
    later

11. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Come on its damn near xmas cant we just get along for a few days..:)
    Pass the popcorn
    Dave

12. That's just Fecals kickin' back after work...leave him alone.

13. tjm73

tjm73

Countdown to lockdown........

14. I'm in !
    wooooooooooooooot

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

who cares? this thread is just plain stupid....

16. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I will never understand the need to cross bash other sites. Whichever direction it goes.

As far as the people CRYING about the HAMB being too this, too that, not what it used to be...

My response is to toughen up, grow up, and participate.

These sites are only as good as the members allow it to be.

And now I'll do something I rarely do on the main board.

I'm closing this one. I think enough has been said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.