Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Vintage Refrigerators...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skipstitch, Jul 19, 2005.

1. skipstitch

skipstitch

I'll keep this short... anyone have specific info or websites on companies that sell antique or vintage appliance parts? No re-pops, but original pieces Circa 1948-1950?

2. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

http://www.tarahuttongallery.com/Art_Deco_Shopping_Directory.html

This site has links to a bunch of vintage furniture. I haven't found much on old refrigerators. In my house I have a 1950 Hotpoint fridge, with the stainless steel door. My grandparents bought it new with their house in 1950! Still runs like a champ and looks GREAT!

3. http://www.antiqueappliances.com/ have a lot of stuff, new & reconditioned as well as NOS...we have a GE from the early 50's & its full of beer all the time...works perfectly.

:D

4. vintage refrigerators rule...

i know that Tuck has a bunch...unless he got rid of them...but he also kustom paints them after he rebuilds them...

i will have one in my house..when i get one.

tok

5. Rooster

Rooster

Watcha need? Whole or parts? (Sorrry no web info) I've got a cool lookin GE witha ribbed center section like a Chieftan here. I need to fix the handle may Ham handed bro in law boogered up. Been thinknin I'd use it for welding supplies storage and such.

6. BJR

BJR

7. i got a GM one that was my grand pops but it doesnt run i wanna get it running

the things bitchin

-dan

8. Hey thanks for this thread guys. I got a '40 Philco from a guy who was throwing it away. Brought it home plugged it in, and it works great. Only thing wrong with it is the script on the bottom is broke, I've been looking for stuff to restore it for 3 years now. Once again the HAMB comes through, even if its nothing to do with cars, except maybe as a place to store beer and POR-15;)

9. InPrimer

InPrimer

Don't mean to hyjack, just got a Philco '50's fridge, needed a door gasket runs real well , I need someone to direct me, about 2-3 mo's ago someone painted one with flames, green&black I think, I CAN'T find any pix tried everything, did a search on this board BTW my 'puter crashed and I lost ALL my pix ,sniff sniff, PITA ,seriously can someone recall the fridge topic TIA , IP

10. skipstitch

skipstitch

Thanks for the info!!!

The reason I ask... my neighbors were throwin' out a 1950 Admiral. The thing sat at the end of there driveway for 3 days! I kept trying to resist my "Hey Cool Old Stuff I Need" gene... and gave in yesterday. It works great! But needs an inner freezer door and they removed & tossed part of the latch so the neighborhood kids wouldn't get stuck inside. Now I'm on the hunt so I can use it in the shop.

Thanks again

11. I have a mate whose whole hopuse is filled with 50's era furniture and applicances. Everytime I go over there, feels like Ive stepped back in time. I suppose the 57 Plym parked in the ear;y style garage makes it even easier...

BTW, I scored a killer 50's era fridge froma friend who was gonna toss it out.
    Other than seal replacement ,refrigerant and paint, I runs like a watch. Once I get the Deuce finished, Im gonna restore/paint this sucker in a killer vintage colour, detail it and fill it with grog....

Love them vintage appliances.

Rat

12. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Here's a 1942 GE that I got about 10 years ago. It's been gutted, but I plan to restore the exterior of it and use it to hold paint supplies or something.
    [​IMG]

13. Rooster

Rooster

It's interesting to read other's ideas in a similar vein to my own here.
    Thought I'd toss in an elaboration. My fridge is for my supplies room which is taking the shape of a 50's kitchen! No flamed or scalloped trickery for me...

I have the GE fridge for sealed storage. Then there's the extra wide GE electric stove for over sized item storage. And there's the metal kitchen cabinets and Westinghouse metal sink cabinet/drawer unit. I've even procured steel wall tiles ( black and white of course). It should be pretty neat to have a kitchen in the garage, except it functions as garage storage rather than it's apparent purpose!...

Just thought I'd share...