Register now to get rid of these ads!

O.T. Traditional raceing sorta.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 67Imp.Wagon, Jan 29, 2005.

1. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

I saw a post last week on Pinewood Derby's. I know Pinewood derby was being done in the 50's but not sure exactly when it started. My brother did it in 1956 so I know its been around that long.Maybe some of the older guys can fill me in on how long its been around. i did it in 73.

My son took 2nd in his den and I got 2nd in the dads division. Are cars are were a no frills wedge. We decided to make a little roadster just for fun to have something cool to run down the track. I had several people tell me the roadster was there favorite but it was way slower than are racers.

It was alot of fun and my kid is actually ready to build another for next year.
    I guess thats a start since he does'nt show much interest in cars at this point.
    A picture of the cars.

Attached Files:

2. Dayum Phil, That roadster is sweet!

I always tried to make something cool out of mine, but they were always slow.
    Seems the TR7 (wedge) always won.

The wheels look much better than the piecrust did in '73. ;)

Start-um early :)

3. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Dang dude, the roadster is awsome...now quit playing with your wood and work on that A.

4. IntrstlarOvrdrve

IntrstlarOvrdrve

I always built something cool outa mine too..but they were really slow. I used to stick in scouts just to do the pinewood derby ;)

5. Yea, till I found cars and women! :D

6. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

Those skinnys from 73 were way faster then these new wheels. It's against the rules to even use those now.