Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T thievery rant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by triplexkustoms, Aug 8, 2006.

1. triplexkustoms

triplexkustoms

so i get dispatched to a guy with with a broken down car last night. turns out he is out of gas. i give him a ride to the gas station and back to his car. during the ride he decided to steal my handheld scanner. he left a call back number so i called it and his sister answers. she has the scanner but is afraid to give it back for fear of being charged with receiving stolen property. so if you all want to help me out cause i'm sure they have sold it for crack money by now. call (330) 330 2910 and bug the hell out of them.

fuck the east side of youngstown. i'm gonna find his car and take it right to the impound yard. i figure a late 80's jeep cherokee is work what i paid for the scanner. don't you love when you try to do something nice for someone and they steal from you.

2. tjm73

tjm73

Just call the police. She said she has it. Fear of giving it back or not she has recieved stolen property already. Failing to return it makes her guilty. Giving it back clears her.

The cops will go to her, rattle her cage (make her think she is going to jail if she don't give up YOUR property and the guy that took it) she'll give it up and they will arrest the guy.

3. Call back and ask again nicely. Make certain you have a tape rolling. Take the tape to the cops. That way when they knock at the door she'll be less likely to deny she said she has it.

4. leadsled01

leadsled01

Damn-it thats ballsy!! Sorry about your luck.

5. tjm73

tjm73

If you audio tape someone over the telephone without there knowledge, you can get in as much, if not more, trouble as them. Almost every state has laws against this kind of thing. I would not do this. Just call the police, file a stolen property report & tell them everything you know and that you spoke with this woman and she said she had it. They will take it from there. You'll have to sign paperwork that you are pressing charges. This is an easy, slam dunk, arrest and case solve for them.

6. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

In NJ it's legal to tape the phone call as long as at least one person know's it's being recorded, my buddy used it for his entire divorce case and he was told it is all admissable in court, state to state may vary so I would ask first.

7. Ramblur

Ramblur

WTF do you expect when the Sherrif gets nicked recieving payola and your
    congressman is STILL in prison...:p

Traficant For President :rolleyes:

8. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Damn Thiefes!
    Cut his roof off with a saws all!

Revenge is best served cold.

9. My wife gets mad evey time I say this but here goes.

Beeps' philosophy: for every intentional good deed done, you will be fucked over at least twice.

10. Arizona Geezer

Arizona Geezer

Yup, like Beep said...........No good deed shall go unpunished.

11. triplexkustoms

triplexkustoms

i filed a report as soon as it happened. the cops already told me they will be out looking for him tonight. the towing company i work for has the police contract so once i find his jeep, its getting impounded. i figure its a fair trade. and people wonder why some tow truck drivers dont do nice things for people.