Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T-Tampa FL Body Shops-Need recommendations

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BenD, Feb 16, 2007.

1. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Sorry for the OT post guys but I'm looking for a body/collision shop recommendation in the Tampa (Branden) Florida area. Insurance will cover it, just looking for someone reputable.

(I should add that I'm home and fine. My snowbird in-laws tangled with a tree in the storms a couple days ago.)

Thanks,
    Ben

2. Hey Ben, DV8, MBL, and 4t64rd would be the fellas I would ask.

DV8 has his hot rod in the shop as we speak. Supposed to be gettin paint purdy soon from what I hear...

Jon (DV8) won't steer ya wrong, that's if he knows of any reputable places in the area.

Reverend Jake

3. TimDavis

TimDavis

Aboneboy lives in St. Pete I think. He has cool shiny cars.

Allegedly.

4. dv8

dv8

I don't know anything about shops in Bradenton...

My guy doesn't really like to mess with collision work...

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Offy

Offy

Gene Perez Auto Body near the Tampa Int'l Airport has always done exceptional insurance collision work for me and are as honest as you'll come across.

6. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Are we talking Bradenton or Brandon?
    In the Brandon area, Stanaland's is a "street rodder" that does very good body and paint work.

7. Gene Perez, never used them, but I drive by that shop all the time, nice and clean, nothing left outside getting their interiors wet, usually the outside sign of a good shop.

8. dv8

dv8

I guess you meant Brandon? I thought of Bradenton, since I knew you had family south of me...

I always take a car to the dealership that sells the paticular brand...If they screw up, there is someone to yell at and they make it right. That's not always the case with an independent shop, and I've found that the dealership bodyshops are about the same money as other local shops.