Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pontiacres Ranch, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Any of you Closet Muscle Car Fans Goin to Stanton for the PSMCDR? www.purestockdrags.com

Im headed on the 4 Hr Trek in the Red & White 56 Pontiac 2 Door Wagon, loaded down with Shirts. Ill be leaving this afternoon & plan to be at the Mid Michigan Motorplex in time to grab a few Zzzzz in the car till the gates open Friday AM. If anyones goin Stop & Say HI.

Ed

2. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Bet the Studebakers will take home some trophies!

3. 6narow

6narow

I have the magazine article on the one that happened back in '98.
    Would love to attend this sometime, alas, I'm 2K miles away (and no car to enter, anyway).
    Please, post some pics and tell us how it was.

6narow

4. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Rumor is they are rained out!

5. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

The drive up was smooth, I was expecting to caravan at some point with atleast 1 car headed to Kzoo, but did not see even 1 street rod. Really didnt get any Pics. It was raining so much. The Stewed Tomato Rig was there, also the Plain Brown Rapper, Very Cool. We finally got the track dried up and were able to run at 5:30. It was the 1st time that the event was ever under the lights. Saturday was rained out and I had to drive the 56 home in a deluge. 4 hours of 4 wheel drum, white nuckle 10 & 2 driving, No defrost, and RainX wipers. Definatly fun, atleast I found that if I top off the 56's tank, I can drive the 4 hrs from home to Stanton on that tank. Really the only HAMB related thing that I can note was someone in was an A pickup headed north on 196 with about an 4 foot rooster tails from all 4 wheels headed through the High water. Im betting his knucles were white Too!

6. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Not Rained out, but not the program. Everything went wrong, Rain, then a guy in a 59 vett with loose water pump bolts slipped in his own fluid and hit the wall in the Rt lane, 2nd pair out. Next 2 cars were a pair of identical Rambler Scramblers, the car in the Rt lane hit a 2 foot puddle of antifreeze as the Vette didnt look like it hit the wall, and kept going down the lanes, seeing the temp gauge about half way down the return lanes. The AMC guy stopped and flagged that there was a problem, so they went and cleaned that up. Once they were running again, it was fun. 8:30 the fog & deer rolled in, so they shut down the lights. I was going to help with the pairing, but the printer had jammed and no one in the tower noticed, Every run was printed on the same line. When the printer jams, it goes off line, and no Data was stored in the computer. Bottom line, we couldnt do any pairing. The decision was made to let everyone time for 1 run in the am, then pair then weather permitting. The party in the parking lot of the Comfortable Inn was worth the drive up alone. The Canadians were Drinking till atleast 2:45 am, I crashed for 2 hours and was up at 5 to get the donuts & coffee with Dan Jensen & Bob Boden. Once we saw the Radar, we knew it was done, so we went to the track & started tearing down. A message was sent out on the Buick site that drivers need to contact Dan with time slip data for use with the magazines that cover it. We all still had fun, it was very cool to see these showroom restos being being pushed to the limit, or sitting in the rain. 135 cars showed up knowing it was possible that we wouldnt get 1 run in. Guys as far as Minnesota, even the Mayor of North Providence RI had a car there and was beating on it! It was still a good time. You stude guys are definately a Hard Core bunch!

7. Double Bass

Double Bass
    from Lebanon

Hi my names Steve and I too like muscle cars.... It's been 9 years since I last owned one...
    Hope you sold enough shirts to buy me something purdy :D

8. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Last I heard you had a Lime Green 71 RT Charger in YOUR Garage.....didnt end up with it?

9. Double Bass

Double Bass
    from Lebanon

No... I would like to have it, that's for sure. Going to be real sweet looking in a couple weeks. I'll send you pics!