Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T - Never Forget

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoadDevil13, Dec 7, 2009.

1. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

There arent enough days to truly thank a veteran.....but please remember today to thank one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We must all remember this--not too many Pearl survivors left now-had a relative go down with the Arizona-we all owe so much to the veterans and those currently serving-Veterans and others serving greatly deserve our THANKS !!

3. SOHC427

SOHC427

Thanks to all, who serverd, and are serving. God Bless!

4. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

the ww2 vets are down to a little over 100,000. They gave so much. Thanks to all that have served.

5. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Thanks to all the WW2 vets out there. We owe you guys and gals a lot.

6. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Pearl Harbor survivor 86 year old Ed Johann, from Lincoln City, Oregon is going back for the FIRST time in 68 years......Say's he's not quite sure how he will handle it, God bless him.

7. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

In my opinion, the WWII vets are one of the toughest generations of men that have ever lived. Sad to see them fading away. Lots of good history in their stories, and lots of kids will never hear first-hand what they went through to keep us free. Amazing people for sure.

8. 65COMET

65COMET

I hope our country never forgets!!!! I had the good fortune to be in Hawaii in 86 during Pearl Harbor Day and talk to some of the Survivors.We owe them everything that we take for granted!! Thay are "The Greatest Generation"!! ROY.

9. S1B

S1B

Thanks to all WW2 Vets for my freedom and to being able to still call this great country the United States of America!!

10. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Thank you.
    We'll do our part when the time comes.
    Fear not, our country is safe.

11. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

1) We are all Pearl survivors.
    2) Absent superior intellect of the Navajo, (no written language at the time). naval tactics, coupled with the art of atom splitting, we would be bowing to an emperor.

Kind of makes me worry about our arms reduction treaty(s) with Ivan.

12. Abone29

Abone29

My dad told me he had 30 days left on his enlistment,walking down the street in San Antonio, drunk as hell ,when he heard it on the radio.Needless to say all hell broke loose and he wound up in Italy some months later with his leg blown off from a German mortar.He was the best man I have ever known and I sure do miss him.All gave some,some gave all.God bless our troops.

13. aceuh

aceuh

Both my grandmother and grandfather were there and survived the attack. She was a nurse and was about to get off work (night shift). My Grandfather was waiting on the steps of the hospital to meet her for breakfast when the attacking planes flew over.

My Grandfather, Grandmother, and all four of my grandfathers brothers were stationed in Pearl Harbor. All of them survived, but it took seven weeks for them all to reconnect and find one another.

This is a shot I scanned of my Grandfather and his brothers...My papa is the second from the left.

[​IMG]

He passed away when I was very young and I miss him dearly. I never got to meet any of his brothers.

My Grandmother turned 90 this past May. She's still very active and loves to get out as much as she can. She refuses to talk about anything that happened during "that damn war!" She is willing to talk for hours about how she used to own a mototrcycle (her CO made her sell it due to it being unlady like) and using roller skates to get around the hospital during the night shift.

Here's a shot of her riding with my wife and I in our 54 this past Mother's day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She's a treasure...I think I'm going to call and check on her now!

14. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

<P>My Dad and all the other men and women who went through The Great</P>
    <P>Depression&nbsp;and then were faced with WWII 68 years ago.Truly </P>
    <P>The Greatest Generation. God Bless them all.</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>

15. I have been to Pearl Harbor once, in September of 1987. Got to tour the Arizona memorial, as well as Hickam AFB, which still bears some of the scars of that day. Especially around Base Ops, which shows many of the points where it was strafed by aircraft fire that morning in 1941.

My late father-in-law was one of the very first wounded at Pearl that morning. He was at the airfield when a Zero strafed the point where he and three other soldiers were at, readying a gun to shoot the bastards out of the skies, The Zero hit that gun emplacement full-on, killing the others on that crew and putting a round off that airplane right through my f-i-l's shoulder, leaving a massive hole and rendering him out of action and near death. He was medically discharged not long after, because of the seriousness of his wounds.

He died in October 1998.

There are currently only 38 living Pearl Harbor survivors left in the State of Oklahoma.

I miss you a lot, Jim.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009