Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Need some positive vibes!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mopar Mama, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

Guys and Gals,
    I know this is horribly off topic, but my father is in the ICU with complications from esophageal cancer. He was diagnosed 21 months ago, and with the diagnosis comes about a 3 month life expectancy. He's already miraculous for surviving as long as he has. Things were looking bad last night, and they still look bad, but we'd like to have him come home and be more comfortable. All our friends and families have been pulling for him, and he's rallying too. I just wanted to reach out and see if you all had some good juju to spare. If you do, please send it his way.

If you disagree with this thread, please disregard it. Don't rip me or be rude, please. Let it be deleted with grace. Hambers have a really good reputation for banding together, and several of you have been wonderful already.

Keep him in your thoughts if you can. Thank you all a million.

-Kristen and Family

2. pinman 39

pinman 39

Kristen lots of good JUJU from the west side of town .

3. BinderRod

BinderRod

Check with your local Hospice. I went through the same type thing with my father. Hospice came in and he got to come for some peace. They were great. They showed up twice a day till it was all over. You can also talk to your priest or person of that type. They are trained at this sort of thing. Good luck and my MoJo is also sent. Keith

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Best of luck and strength to you and your family, and fight the good fight!

5. AK F100

AK F100
    from Alaska

Good vibes from wayyyy up north. I have been through a similar situation and now my pops awaits a new set of lungs.

We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Tell him to keep fighting (and laughing)

6. keep your your chin up sending you all my good juju :)

7. Positive thoughts and prayers here also,,

And I'll second Hospice,,,they came to our aid with my mom,mother-in-law and my Father-in-law,they helped ease their pain and allowed them their wish to be at home with their loved ones.

Please post your request with the Hamb Chapel,,a wonderful group of Hambers that will keep you and your family in their collective thoughts and prayers. HRP

8. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Mopar Mama; ... You want him to come home. That's understandable; I would only suggest that you find out from him what he wants. If prognosis is so grim that hospice is appropriate, then let him decide if he so chooses. My mother didn't want to come home, she was more comfortable in hospice. My daughter in law wanted to come home, we did that, then she wanted to go back to the hospital. Then a couple of months later she made the decision to be transferred to a hospice. Looking back, I'm comfortable with the idea to let the person with the illness make the decision when possible. We always imagine we can decide for them, but now I am convinced otherwise.
    Sending good vibes from here.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  9. felee

felee

Kristen,
    I asked a prayer for your Dad and your family. You said that you have had him a lot longer than first thought already so try to stay positive and be sure to tell him now all the things you have been meaning to. I can't say enough about Hospice, not only for your Dad but for you as well-they will walk you through everything. God bless you,
    Lee

10. I know something of what you're going through. I witnessed my dad fight prostate cancer. After his initial diagnosis, he survived for a good and happy 10 years or so with the cancer. During that 10 years, he had some tough times, but he and my mother got enjoy some more good times together. So, just know that anything is possible. However it goes, be strong. You will get through this.

Best wishes to you, your dad and the rest of your family.

11. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

God Bless

YOU

YOUR FAMILY

AND

YOUR

POPS

God Speed to him and prayers for a recovery

Our Prayers are with you from

North Carolina...........

12. Thoughts, Prayers and positive waves