Register now to get rid of these ads!

History O/T Minibike Film 1970 - Super 8mm

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by borntoolate, Nov 28, 2012.

1. borntoolate

borntoolate

2. Cyclone

Cyclone
    from Sonoma, CA

Cool.
    My brother (Taco 44) and I (Taco 22) would strap our sleeping bags on and camp out up the street on a family friends vacant lot. I was 12 and my brother was 13, we thought we were Bronson, parents had no problem w/it. Can still see my Dad coming up the driveway in his 59 Cad coupe with the forks of those two new Tacos from Jacks Go Shop hanging out the back, what a day! 1968 was a good year.

3. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

4. cool, like a time machine for me.

5. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

Wow! That was great, thanks!

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool! Everybody that knows me is going to be puzzled at this, but that has always been a favorite song of mine, and it couldn't be more appropriate for this video.

7. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great video!
    I took a day-long ride on an old minibike I built back when I was in 6th or 7th grade, caught hell from my folks when they found out I rode it to a town about 25 miles away. They really got pissed when I told then I rode on the shoulder of the highway most of the way, instead of backroads.

8. I'm fortunate that my dad kept mine at home all these years. I didn't even know he still had it until about three or four years ago. I've got it now. Don't know if I'll ever get it back together but I do know it's never leaving.

Late 60's bonanza cr500. The 125 hodaka engine was gone long before I got it.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1354149233.318756.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. Too Cool - Still have my Taco 44 from 1968!

10. ]Cool video !

Now it won't let me leeeave

11. Cool video, I just was riding my lil indian around long beach ny after hurricane sandy for a week way cool time too!

12. lc34

lc34
    from So. Oregon

vary cool --I got started on a mini--still rideing but mostly roden

13. I love that song too!
    Very cool video!

14. seatex

seatex

MAN, that was just awesome1 Flashback city........................THANK YOU!

15. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

Yes, you surprised me with this one. Cool little film.

Thank you,
    Dale
    Cleveland OH

16. Shipper Sel

Shipper Sel
    from SoCal

Sweet!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is so very cool! Brings back memory's of riding to and from my mates house after dark only about 15miles. First tandem on his XR80, then both of us when I got a KX125.
    The Melbourne's Eastern suburbs Bicycle Path's, for any Aussies out there from Vic, we would mostly go Upwey to Fern Tree Gully then down to Caribbean Rollerama in Scoresby. Stash the bikes out the back and chain them up then head in to try and pick up chicks!!
    If we did, sometimes try to take them for a run up Mt Dandenong to SkyHigh, only made it all the way up there a few times, normally chickened out at the first set of oncoming headlights!
    Man we were pathetic!!

Doc.

18. borntoolate

borntoolate

At 14, I rode my 10 speed "freestyle" about 25 miles to my grandparents house mainly through commercial high traffic areas (no helmet, of'course). One of the best experiences ever as a kid. They were stunned and wouldn't let me ride back. Brought me home in the truck. Still have the bike 28 years later. I should get rid of stuff.

19. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

That was great. A little version of " Then Came Bronson " The music was great aslo. Harry Nillson.. I actually got to know him in the 80's. Sadly he died in 94

20. willymakeit

willymakeit

That brings back memories. All good. Found a minibike Im piddling with a while back.

21. Well I haven't heard that song in a long time. The song alone brings back a memory or two.

22. Thanks for sharing! Great video clip!

23. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

Wheels=Freedom

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

25. khead47

khead47

Great video! I had a Ruttman back in the early 60's with a West Bend 700. A friend was riding it when the jackshaft sprocket slipped a key. That is when I learned that engines do NOT like high revs with no load. Buddy twisted the wick up to about a zillion RPM's till the rod exited stage left. Replaced the WB with a built Mac-10 with no clutch! Fucker would mousetrap when opened up at 35mph! Still lookin for a similar Ruttman.

26. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Anybody notice that he's riding a Mickey Thompson minibike?

27. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Cool. Have any pics?

28. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Actually not a Bonanza if you're talking about the one in your pic - Looks like a Trail Horse chopper from here. Rarer than a Bonanza chopper.

29. That was fun!