Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T: Looking for creative contacts...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikaelmtb, Feb 1, 2007.

1. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

Hi all!

Sorry for this Off-Topic interruption, but I have noticed the quite large amount of creative and artists here at the HAMB, therefore I hope that someone maybe could use me for an internship in March or has some contacts that could help me with finding a place in USA!

My dream would be at a car-related Magazine or advertisement agency, but anything similar can do. I will off course work for free and bring my own MacBook.

About me:
    I’m studying to become a Multimedia Designer at “The Academy of Professional Higher Education” in Aarhus, Denmark. It’s a two-year communication/ design education with an International degree.

I am now so lucky to have two whole months where I can choose to study or specialize in a subject of my own choice.

My plan is to do some illustrations and specialize in the Flash program in February, then use March to go to USA and work as part of an internship at a Magazine or an advertising company

Short about what I have been doing:
    I have studied to become a graphic designer (2000-2004 at Hojer Design college), then I worked six months to earn money and traveled four months. (2004/05 -Australia/ Fiji/ USA)
    After that I started studying to become a Multimedia Designer.

I have had a three months internship (in 2003) as a News Graphic designer at the biggest Danish newspaper “MorgenAvisen Jyllandsposten”, and have worked there since as a graphic assistant 8-12 hours a week for the last four years during studies.

I hope somebody can help me finding a place, and I would really appreciate any help I can get!
    Please contact me for any information!

Best Regards
    Mikael Hostrup Thomsen
    Phone: 0045 5194 9175
    E-mail: mikaelmtb@hotmail.com

2. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

3. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Mikael, is your book or portfolio posted anywhere for viewing?

Cris

4. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

Thanks for the PM´s, it seems as I have found a place!! :) Still waiting for the final confirmation though!

Cris
    I´m working on my portfolio, but it is not online yet! I think I will upload it late february! I know its a bit late, but I´m busy with some other projects right now!
    Mikael