Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T: Johnny Cash's Home Destroyed in Fire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HeyMang, Apr 10, 2007.

1. HeyMang

HeyMang

2. How many hot rods burned up?

3. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

What a huge loss. Lots of history there.....Luck

4. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

didn't one of the Bee Gees' buy it?

5. Was a ring of fire involved?

6. OLLIN

OLLIN

...it went down down down, and the flames went higher?

7. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I heard a 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 cadillac went up!

8. I think Barry of the Bee Gee's bought it a few years ago.

Sad story, wonder what happened.

9. I saw shots on the news taken from a helicopter. The whole house was GONE & it looked most of the trees on the lot went with it. The whole damn place just flat burned up.

I know fire crews arrived quickly but it looked like you would expect it to look it it had just been allowed to burn down.

They didn't say anything on the news about how many hot rods Andy Gibb had though so I'm not quite sure why we're discussing this here.

JH

10. OLLIN

OLLIN

all kidding aside..that really sucks!

11. i like this quote

Richard Sterban of the Oak Ridge Boys lives on the same road as Cash. "Maybe it's the good Lord's way to make sure that it was only Johnny's house," Sterban said

12. new54belair

new54belair

I think of the Johhny Cash before he died as an awsome piece of work,just like any old classic or ratrod,broke down or fixed up,its a beautiful thing of the past,seeing both him on the guitar and old cars, makes me wish i was alive in the real bad ass car era days.After seeing him play the guitar i went out and bought one and the first song i learned was walk the line.Johhny Cash RULES,he was a true rebel.

13. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

you guys are crackin me up.....

terrible loss though..

14. daddy-o63

daddy-o63

johnny cash is dead?where have i been

15. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

In Canada? ;)

16. daddy-o63

daddy-o63

touche' seymour,lol

17. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That's exactly what I was thinking. As sad as I am to see the place go up in flames, Cash must have been turning over in his grave knowing the asshat who wrote "Staying Alive" was living in his house. This was arson by Divine intervention

18. JamesG

JamesG

Damn.

19. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

oh yeah....

Insurance scam

20. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Was his stuff still in it?? or did they move his stuff after his death???
    That sucks!!

21. (sigh.)

Nothing in that area has it's prominence anymore. Twitty city is now TBN (Chrisitian network), The House of Cash is now a realty agency, and now the Cash home is GONE. If you didn't know those things were there before, you'd never know they were there to begin with.

I was always disappointed that people didn't treat his place with same respect as Graceland.

Reverend Jake

22. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I recently saw Marty Stuart in concert and he talked about his relationship with Johnny Cash and what it was like living next door to him and having coffee with him and June Carter in the morning. He talked about the land that layed between there two properties once owned by Roy Orbison and sold to Johnny Cash. It was an orchard filled with fig and other fruit trees and Johnny said he would never disturb the natual beauty by building on it. A few short years ago Marty said as Johnny's health started to fail, he talked Johnny into selling him that piece of land and also promised never to build on it or upset it's natural beauty. Marty talked about how hard the loss of his friend and ex-father in law was for him.
    Johnny cash was a true american legend, a rebel and a outlaw icon. I can only imagine how hard it was to lose him on those like Marty Stuwart and others who he touched so deeply. I'm sure the loss of his and June Carter's home place will only deepen that hurt. Gary

23. Graceland gets respect?!?!? That's funny.

That place is the world's longest-running, white trash funeral.

It was, & still is, a never ending freak show.

JH

24. There was some talk that the house was being restored, and that all the exposed wood inside and out were being treated with a preservitive. Oh yea, and they said the preservitive was highly flammable !

So from that story I can deduct that a careless constuction worker had a little bit to do with it burnning to the ground. What a shame.

Just what I heard,

CBB