Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T I just buried my little mate this afternoon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stovebolt, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Sorry to bring everyone down, but you just have to tell someone.

We had to have our little mate - Reg - the cocker spanial put down today after a very short illness. He was 12 years old, and until last week was a picture of health. We went away on Friday arvo, returning on Sunday arvo, and he wasn't quiet the same. Well he deteriated very quickly, not keeping anything down, and we did (or Mrs SB did - I was asleep after a night shift) the kindest thing for him and had the vet end all his suffering.

Had my 2 and 4 year old girls help bury him, and we all shed a tear. The 4 year old is so inciteful about death and dying, she is amazing. We had a bad year with friends and relatives dying, so she is beginning to understand these things. The 2 year old gave Reg a big kiss goodnight as she went to bed last night. she loved him, chased him everywhere.

Well I'm really gonna miss this little bloke. [​IMG]

thanks for letting me air my grief.

Mark

2. Know the feeling all too well. It's been two years and we still miss our Mandy that we had for 14 years.

Condolences to you and the family.

3. Sorry for ya loss of your best buddy, Man its one of the hardest things to do, I had a old kelpie he made it to 16

Dang I miss that Ol Dog Rusty He was allways out in the Garage with me whilst I tooled around on my rides watching me to see if we were going out in my pickup for a ride

Gruntis

Attached Files:

4. D Picasso

D Picasso

I'm awful sorry to read that. I still miss my old Dobermann Hank, who died three years ago.

it's a rough lesson for kids to learn, too. you have my condolences and best wishes.

5. kritz

kritz
    from flint, mi

i'm sorry to hear about your loss...i know that while they are only "pets" that they really do become one of the family. it's hard to lose them that's for sure. they don't call dogs "mans best friend" for nothin.
    you have my condolences. take care, chris

6. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

My old friend Tower knows if you are going to work or not. If I put my garage cloths on hes at my hip going to the garage with me hoping to get a ride in his Pickup!

7. ARGH shit! Sorry to hear about that. The little fella looked ok last week rolling all over Maria's feet.At least it was quick, I hate seeing animals in pain. You think you'll get another? I'm glad your girls seem to be taking it well.

8. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Sorry to hear that. I know exactly how you feel. I've had to do it myself a few times. Dogs are certainly worth the pain at the end though. They truly are man's best friend. They give unqualified love. What more can you ask than that. [​IMG]

9. Reverendcolin

Reverendcolin

Deeply sorry for your lost. I know how it is to lose a member of the family.

10. old beet

old beet

Have two cockers myself, sory to hear of your loss....OLDBEET

11. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

sorry to read this, been there several times in 40 years of dog ownership

it's been a year since I put my 10 yr old german shepard male ; " Flash Cadillac " down.

We have another great dog, but I still miss the big guy

12. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry....

Attached Files:

13. BUICKS38

BUICKS38

Sorry to hear of your loss. I think Kritz hit the nail on the head. They do become part of the family. We tryed getting another dog but it was never the same.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Mark, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to the whole family.

On a happier note, what we talked about went out in the mail today [​IMG]

15. Bum Trip man. I had to do it twice this past year. I feel for ya dude. Sucks! [​IMG]

16. Rix2Six

Rix2Six
    from So. Cal.

It's amazing how attached we get to our pets. My condolences.

R:)

17. Sorry to hear it Mark. Only got bailed up by the little fella twice, but seemed qute friendly anyway!

I've lost two real good cats in the last year. Both to cancers. One was about 12. The other, while I was away in Africa, was about 18, and he'd been a real mate to me. Man, the character they develop is unbelievable.

Once again, sorry to hear. Talk soon, anyway.

18. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Sorry for the loss of your buddy Stovebolt,Reading this kinda woke me up,my 10 yr old kelpie has been off colour the last two days,taking her to the vet this arvo,couldnt stand myself if she was really ill and I didnt do my all to help her....

19. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Went through the same thing in July with our schnauzer, Heidi. Really old, one morning she couldn't walk. Life sucked at the Gordon house that day. Even when you know it's best It hurts, you have our heartfelt condolences.
    [​IMG]

20. Condolence to you and your family,from Carla and I.

I trust you won't let the pain and hurt stop you from sharing the love and joy of another dog.

Drewfus [​IMG]

P.S. o/t, our Lucy [​IMG]

Attached Files:

21. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Sorry mate, truly sad.

22. they are more than pets- they are our daily companions......sorry to hear of the loss of yours-here is my dog-DOC.......Kenny

23. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Thanks for all your thoughts.

Burtrido - see how quick these things can be. and boy did he enjoy the leftover pizza!!!

HRLC thanks in advance for the article and the pics

Peddro - that'd make you the first he could bail up!!! LOL

Drewfus - new wife, new dog, next billy lids??? Te he

to everyone else - Taa.

We will get another dog, but a little down the track - when my girls are able to look after it. The 2 yr old is very hesitant around other dogs, which is a good thing, she will be all the safer I think.

Mark

24. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Here are my two

25. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Didi wants to cheer you up...

Attached Files:

26. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

So sorry stovebolt.It's real pain only a pet owner would understand.

27. MoFoMOD

MoFoMOD
    from SO CAL USA

mark, sorry to hear that bro... I was just getting pissed off at my 3 dogs for chewing up my plants and pissing everywhere, then I cam in and read this post... it put it all in perspective

keep your chin up.