Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T How much did it cost to build your garage?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by repoguy, Sep 4, 2003.

1. manyolcars

manyolcars

I give up--dont know how to make this new puter act right

2. [ QUOTE ]
    My is just a little cave, but I have never wished for bigger. 14X24 Morgan building on skids (no taxes on temp. buildings). I have been using it almost 10 years, and had a bunch of cars go through it.

Brought in and set up - 2800.00
    Eletric run 250.00
    Finished out with sheetrock and stuff - 500.00
    3550.00 total

[/ QUOTE ]
    Did you have to beef up the floor or was it strong enough already?

3. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

[ QUOTE ]

Looks nice. Any more pictures?

Just for the hell of it, what did it cost? (....rough estimate is OK)

I am going to build a "nice" one this spring.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe this link wil work for more pics.. mayb not;

http://groups.msn.com/TheCrosleyAutomobileandmore/garageconstruction.msnw

I know eggzackly what I have in the building...... lets say that with the new concrete that runs around the whole building I have $60+K in it for everything from the plans , permit, to the dirt I had hauled in.

No shitter in it, that was waaaay to complicated & costly with the permit and septic system changes that would have been required

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Here's mine...18K turn key...30' X 40'!
    Can put six cars in it..heated in the winter, A/C in the summer, with 220.

[​IMG]

5. repoguy

repoguy

OK, I was thankful for all of the responses yesterday, but the fact that this thread has stayed alive has me thinking you're all a bunch of CLOSET GARAGE BUILDERS!!!!

Just kidding. [​IMG]

6. tragic59

tragic59

TopDeadCenter, I'd like to see some pics of your garage, and if you get the chance e-mail me that grocery list you said you have...

[email protected]

Thanks

7. $10 G for a 36 by 36 finished shell on a 8" thick pad. $18 g if you count the new cupboards and windows in the house to keep the warden happy [​IMG]

8. dixiedog

dixiedog

Repo - Mine is 28x34 with 10' walls and scissor trusses so i can put in a full lift, 8" thick slab T-111 siding on 2 walls and vinyl on 2 walls seen from the house, insulated windows, french doors, 12'wide x 10'high roll up door ($850)
    the final $ on the building was $20,645 and the concrete drive was $5500.

If you have any questions call me I am a licensed GC in Fla. I'll PM ya my number.

Attached Files:

9. repoguy

repoguy

French doors?

Dang Brian, yer garage is all fancy and stuff. [​IMG]

10. D Picasso

D Picasso

20 by 30, water, 220, simple and light. 2700.

Attached Files:

11. DrJ

DrJ

[ QUOTE ]
    French doors?

Dang Brian, yer garage is all fancy and stuff. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Them's the deep fried kind... [​IMG]

12. gokatgo

gokatgo
    from Phx AZ

I just submitted permit for a 20x30 steel building. Last one I built at my old house cost $4500

13. Ham

Ham

About $129,000, it came with the house! [​IMG]

14. old beet

old beet

I don't have a garage.....OLDBEET

15. Kustm52

Kustm52

Way too damn much.......and still not finished!

Attached Files:

16. topdeadcenter

topdeadcenter

Here are some pics of before and after. The first one is what the house came with. An old horse barn converted to a 1 stall garage. The second is what $5700 will build if you shop very carefully! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. topdeadcenter

topdeadcenter

new garage

Attached Files:

18. Terry

Terry

[/ QUOTE ]
    Did you have to beef up the floor or was it strong enough already?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's the floor that came with it. I've had a 56 Chevy panel and my wifes 97 Dodge Ram in there, but I do here a creek when I pull my 5000lb 59 Caddy in! LOL

19. manyolcars

manyolcars

garage/shop/gas station/ convenience store----old pic

20. manyolcars

manyolcars

21. voneyeball

voneyeball
    Alliance Vendor

just my .02 ...

shopped for a house for quite a while on a limited budget. building a shop was always the "theme" behind the house search. and, i wanted 3 bedrooms and an older house, you know, one with lumber from trees that weren't forced to grow fast.

green county is a bitch. zoning regs are a muthafupper. looked outside of the county, too far to drive. looked inside the city, too expensive. here's what I did. find your local realtor who deals in HUD and VA reposessed homes. be patient. get to know them. look at all the houses they want to show you. tell them EXACTLY what you want. be patient.

my new home was built in 1955. has 3 bedrooms, hardwoods, updated kitchen and bath, large deck that wraps around a hillbilly dream above ground pool (a LARGE one) and a kick ass little shop that will squeeze 3 cars and my bike. shop has insulation, vinyl siding, drywall (knockdown finish even!), lights, lots of cabinets, and a newer reznor gas furnace. alley access with two powered insulated overhead doors (+ a manual overhead w/windows on the backside at the pool!!). back yard is privacy fenced with a drive gate. now, get this, the best part is that its a fairly small neighborhood. my neighbor across the alley has an altered and works on scott palmers top fuel car. neihbor across the street has a 12 second mustang. neighbors kid has a 80ish malibu and can't leave without doing a burnout (think it runs low 13's). other neighbor has a couple of other mustangs, one a drag car. lots of black marks on the street. i think its pretty fucking neat even if they're late models....

oh, and i paid 50k for the whole shootin match. i DO have to install central heat and air dammit.....

22. [ QUOTE ]
    Here are some pics of before and after. The first one is what the house came with. An old horse barn converted to a 1 stall garage. The second is what $5700 will build if you shop very carefully! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Man! You really shopped carefully! $5700? 'splain please... [​IMG]