Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T How many HAMBers own Vintage Tractors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostn51, May 10, 2009.

1. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I had a 1946 Avery a few years back. Great little row crop tractor, about the size of a IH Cub, just wasn't big enough to do much bush hogging with. I sold it, then got the bug I wanted another tractor. One of my neighbors was getting a divorce and needed some money fast, so I bought my current tractor from him. 1955 IH 300 Utility. About the size of a Ford 8n, it is a wide front end, with a power up and power down lift. It also has the IH "speed hitch", with adapters that convert it to a 3 point. Only thing it needs is power steering. I can leave it sitting for months at a time, put a hot battery on it and some gas, and it'll fire right up. It and the bush hog were the best $1500 I spent in a long time. Got three years out of the bush hog before the gear box went south, plan on getting another one come spring.

2. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Sure...I have a 1816 Case skid steer loader...its only 35" wide...people tell me its small, I say it sure beats a shovel!!

3. Smitty's32

Smitty's32

My current lawnmower - 1962 Ford 671 Select-O-Speed. Have had lots of old Fords '39-'64. Don't know anything about any other tractors, but I do know some about the old Fords. Any Ford tractor Hambers here need advice or used parts for your pre '65 give me a holler.

[​IMG]

4. i have a few. 51 international superA, 56 cub, 63 b414 international utility with loader [my favorite] yanmar backhoe, oliver super 55, ferguson 35.
    pulling some weight;
    IMG_0671-9.MOV

5. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

Get one with wide front ,live hydro, and foot clutch,and power steering.
    I have had many tractors ( allis chalmers,case,oliver,cockshot,farmall,minnie moline,cletrack and john deere)
    Have only one now, Minneapolis with p.steering and wide front, i call it my roadster