Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T: HAMBer's Helping Eachother Find Jobs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KernCountyKid, Oct 7, 2007.

1. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

I try to avoid O/T conversations, but this is something I think all HAMBer's could be interested in at one point or another.

I was just wondering if any HAMBer's have been able to help eachother find jobs, auto related or not. The HAMB has over 30 thousand registered members and almost all of them I'm sure have to have a job. Many industries do a lot of buddy and reference hiring; ya' gotta know someone.

On the personal level, I'm really bored with my job but love my field. I work in a control room for a Television corporation (which probably has a station in your area). I want to move into the production end of the industry, but it's really cut throat. I'm from California and plan on moving back, so the field is a good fit for me.

I think all of us would like to be around other car guys where we work, especially in work enviornments that aren't related to hot rodding or are fab shops. It's nice to see a friendly face in the workplace and work around people you could hang out with after you punch out.

So anyways, anyone here been able to help eachother out with jobs? Any cool stories?

2. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

as a fellow HAMB er and Alliance Vendor, Id be thrilled to find a guy off the board. Would mean at least he knew some of what he said he did.

But thats for car stuff.

As for other types of jobs, not sure if its the right venue for stuff like that but I agree - its a HUGE network out here on the HAMB and I bet it would work somehow..

3. Ruiner

Ruiner

I would love to find a job via the H.A.M.B. since I'm getting laid off from my job on friday and I'd like to get into the hot rod fab industry and out of moldmaking/machining...

4. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Maybe we should convince Ryan to add 1 more classified section. Help wanted/positions needed...

5. Ruiner

Ruiner

That sounds like a good idea...that's a damned good idea...where do I put my resume? hehehe

6. Wildfire

Wildfire

If anybody is in NWArkansas - Bentonville and has any CNC experience, I'm looking for another 10-12 operators. If you have machining/grinding experience, we can work you up from there.

PM if interested.

7. Not trying to hijack the post, but on a related note, I'm interested to know who makes a good living and enjoys what they do.

I have a job. I've got 20+ years experience in advertising/marketing/design I just had a heart attack. Just shy of my 42nd birthday.

I'm thinkin' I need a total career change.

8. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

How about networking for other ends of the market... like I'm in need of a deal on a diamond ring... :)

But I could go for a career change.

9. prime mover

prime mover

we've all seen craigslist posts on here for cheap cars but they started with and still have a huge job finding section, the first one was from san francisco and that is the only listing that costed money, they find more jobs for people than monster.com, you should check out the one in whatever city you want move to.