Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Daily driver help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by C. Montgomery, Feb 17, 2006.

1. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

My wife has a 2003 Ford expedition, and the other day the battery light came on. The manual says that means the battery isnt charging properly..Took it to autozone and the battery checked out ok..So, I assumed it was the alternator..$300 and somer cussing later, new alternator is in, battery seems to be charging, but the freakin light is still on..Any ideas anybody? I don't have a clue now..Battery maybe?
    Cody

2. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Probably got to take it to a Ford store and have the computer reset, or find someone that can do it for you. Probably will cost you another $100 for them to wave their majac wand over the thing to turn off the light. Most of the new crap has a proceedure to turn off the various dash warning lights. Life with this new crap sucks. Gene

3. screwtheman

screwtheman

Sometimes leaving the battery disconnected for a few minutes will clear the codes. You can buy self contained scanning tools to read/clear codes too. I picked up and OBD-II scanner for my laptop from ScanTool.net and it works great!