Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Comedian ruining an Enzo may not be a laughing matter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky_1974, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

2. Retrorod

Retrorod

That yo-yo who owns the thing needs to be slapped up side the head. Anyone who would let some idiot actor behind the wheel of a car like that gets what he deserved. I feel bad about the car......no sympathy for the owner and the actor (who admitted he can't drive).

3. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1.5 Mill? I'd rather the Bugatti Veyron for that sort of money!
    Dumb SOB letting him drive that!

4. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Kansas City has officially resigned as his home town.

5. ray

ray
    from colorado

oh well, shit happens.

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

BFD! That will get rebuilt by someone with talent.

7. KATFISH

KATFISH

That car is Not destroyd.

I'll fix it ... wont be cheap

8. Plowboy

Plowboy

9. 53burb

53burb

Improvise. Just make it part of the movie and use it as a tax write-off. It's only money to them peeps anyways. He'll just buy another...if he can find one that is? KNUX!

10. plan9

plan9

nothing like having a millionaire wreck you car... think about it, 1.5 mill to a hot shot like Eddie Griffin probably doesnt hold the same value as it would with us Busch League'rs.

11. The joke- I mean, the comedian should'nt have been driving in any scenes that required any real skill anyway, it should have been a stunt driver doing all the tough stuff so what did he need to practice for?

12. Normspeed

Normspeed

Little duct tape, little bondo, she'll be just like new.

13. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

"not a laughing matter" ? :confused:

yes it is.

that's fuckin' hilarious! :D

14. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

Your right it is:D

Attached Files:

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

16. TINGLER

TINGLER

Didn't look like he was driving all that fast.

What a dumbass.

I bet it was a publicity stunt for this shitty movie. I can't wait to NOT see this one.

17. Could it have been a publicity stunt to save $$ on promoting the movie?

18. TINGLER

TINGLER

Bingo.
    Look what we're doing. Talking about it. Viral videos and all that jazz. Suprise suprise, there are already vids on YouTube.

.....I'll fool them though. I won't watch that shitty movie no matter how much they try and make me.

(I'll watch the youtube vids though) :rolleyes:

19. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Thanks for giving me a chance to use that.... :D

JOE:cool:

20. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Yeah, because a 1-of-400, $1.5M car is worth so much less than doing free interviews and buying commercials.

It was a charity event, featuring cars from the movie. Nobody drives a $1.5M car into a Jersey Barrier for a publicity stunt. It's all too common for ametures to overdrive a high performance car. And that is arguably the highest performance street car on the planet.

You know who has a huge set of stones? The photog that was standing behind the Jersey barrier when the Enzo hit it right in front of him. He didn't bail. Either that, or he wasn't paying attention. That barrier moved a good bit, so I bet that light-weight car was going a good bit faster than it looks on camera. That car isn't going to power straight through a turn on dry pavement at 45 or 50mph. And it's not going to drive up the barrier and show its undercarriage at that speed either.

-Brad

21. Hardware

Hardware
    from West Coast

Isn't that the second enzo that's been wrecked by some doofus? I seem to remember a story a while back about some Russian mob guy who wrecked one in L.A. a while back too. There was suprisingly little damage to the rest of the car, it must have a killer frame/cage setup under the skin.

22. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Ferrari buyer's need to be screened before being allowed to buy....
    What a waste of a good car.........

23. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

The enzo was only offered to a select few people to begin with. There was in fact a screening process in place. You had to have owned a certain number of ferarris in the past and it was by invite only to purchase one new. I am not sure how they have regulated the 3rd party sale of them by accepted owners, but I know not just anyone with money could go out and buy one

24. ray

ray
    from colorado

that wasn't overdriving, he UNDERdrove that car.

he was probably standing on the brake pedal when he hit, if he had used the skinny pedal on that turn he probably would have powered right through it.

25. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

People are always telling me ''That car is too valuable to drive!!'' The point really is that if you crash a ''worthless'' car Your chance of anyone giving you the money to fix it are nill! If you crash a million+ dollar car the banks will line up to loan you the money.
    I never insured my race car for more that $100,000 .... My notion was if I was in the car and did more than $100k in damage I'd be left in a condition were I didn't know or care.

If you let a millionaire drive your car you better worry about him hurting himself and his surviving family suing you :eek:

26. That thing is awesome, saw it at Pebble Beach last summer....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As for the Enzo... OOp's :rolleyes:

27. 31modelo

31modelo

Eddie should have been smacked in the mouth. To me thats the same as him smashing a perfect 32 roadster. Gets out and poses like it cool, disrespectful asshole.

28. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

it did'nt look like it but he musta been going pretty fast to push those fat front tires like it did when the wheel was cranked to the right. i think he freaked and hit the brakes. if he had just let off the gas and not hit the brakes full force he mighta made the turn. just my assumption anyways.

29. Bondoboy

Bondoboy

its badass no doubt, but it is just a car. If you had 1.5mil you could have one too. If it was the purple bubbletop from Chopit on the other hand, Id be sad...:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.