Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T but not irrelevant- non HAMB hobbies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ka-zoo, Dec 29, 2006.

1. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

Well for me it's Fly Fishing with my sons !!
    Here is one that did not get away.

Attached Files:

2. Roadsir

Roadsir

First and foremost building cars. Enjoy home projects, decks, finishing basements, built a 10' by 12' a victorian playhouse for my daughters, travel (overseas and domestic).

Would like to find more time and have more equipment for metalworking , metal sculpture, and/or blacksmithing, and more photography.

3. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

I go kinda BIG when Im not with my cars!:D :D This is how I blow off steam!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. axeman39

axeman39
    from Saco Maine

R/C nitro cars=2
    Harley Davidsons=2
    learning how to play guitar=3 electric, 1acustic, 1 electric bass.

5. sittin' here reading all the hobby post and I got to thinkin' (don't do that too often as it hurts my head) I used to fool around with CB and Ham radio, but sold most of that stuff. I also used to have a few guns, but sold most of them. Lately I have been dabbling in gas station memorabilia because of the new shop I'm building. Got a few things already (damn that stuff is expensive) It seems like some hobbies come and go, but the only thing that ever really "stuck" is hot rods. I still have the first hot rod I ever built. Not sure if that's a good thing or not..........:confused:

6. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

Umm I'll take a stab at this.

Dog Showing/performance sports with my Spaniels.
    Scrapbooking/photography that I dont do enough of...mostly of the cars.
    Collecting Hallmark Christmas ornaments. We have over 800 of those suckers.
    Canning/pickling food...Total awesomeness in a jar.
    Antiques
    Shoes
    Being the 'Social Director' for out little group of car nuts.

7. krupanut

krupanut

That depends, I mean I like Art too....
    He's a nice guy and everything but I don't like him in "that" way.

8. Rich68

Rich68
    from Warren, CT

Old International Harvester Cub Cadet Tractors
    Old Trucks
    Jeeps
    Woodworking
    Playing Guitar
    Colonial-era history
    I guess, generally. . .messing around with old crap. Fortunately, my wife shares some of these interests, and my two boys go nuts for anything with wheels.

Attached Files:

9. Plowboy

Plowboy

I also spend a great deal of time landscaping my yard.

I also make metal sculptures out of junk.

Attached Files:

10. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

I havent followed all the replys here but if there are any other Ham radio ops here.. Well lets set up some skeds.. N8DC is my call .. pm me
    Dave

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well if the other guys don't read all the replies you'll never hook up.:rolleyes:
    Hint, hint, read the replies and PM the, at least one that I can remember, other dude that listed this as a hobby;)

12. I skateboard everyday for my hobbie. If its cold and wet or snowing then we skate out indoor garage mini-ramp, been doing it since '88

13. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

mountainbike & motocross

Attached Files:

14. rjgideon

rjgideon

Mostly into working on my car and all things involved. I'm trying to be a welder with the chop. Planning on becoming a body man once I get done with the welding. Then I'll become an upholsterer, and so on... I've got an 1892 Singer treadle machine that I've been playing with. Going to pick up a 1950's Singer model 15 Jap knock-off later this week. That should produce better results than the treadle machine.

When not thinking about the car, I try to keep up with my 4-year-old daughter. So, watching Disney TV shows and listening to Disney pop music are also some of my hobbies.

I am also an Eagle Scout and received the Vigil Honor when I was involved in scouting. With the kid, job, and wanting to get my car done, there isn't enough time for scouting anymore.

I bought a bowling ball last year hoping to get back into bowling, but there just isn't enough time for that right now, either.

15. God forbid you ever come out of the closet!:eek: on the other hand,yeah,off brand crayons make me hear strange voices too! now,on the OTHER hand, I have have four thumbs and a finger.{makes pinstripeing tough!};)