Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T but not irrelevant- non HAMB hobbies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ka-zoo, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

You lot are weirder than I ever imagined! :eek:

2. beauishere

beauishere

Restoring a 100 yr old ranch, building a early sixties era radio studio, collecting all the good old 45 and 78 records I can afford, hotrods.

3. spoonman

spoonman
    from salem,ohio

lots of beer and wine making.

4. Rand Man

Rand Man

I do a lot of work with un-wed mothers.

5. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

Hmmm... Hobbies other than cars...

I like to draw, pinstripe and do graphic design/Flash stuff! :)
    When I have time I ride my mountainbike or has some fun on my skateboard!
    When I travelled in Australia I bought a surfboard, would like to surf more but my conditions here in DK are not the best...

And about this networking...

Anyone in the US who has their own Magazine/ Graphic design studio or works at one that could use me for a internship one or two months in february/march or april 2007?? :)

Mikael

6. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

I collect song bird feathers :D

P1010002uu (Small).jpg

7. flacoman

flacoman
    from Sunrise FL

Well, lessee:
    I Bowl and goof around with a little invention related to that.
    Home roasting coffee (you'l never open a red or blue can again!)
    Cooking , wine and videography.
    Other than that I just goof off
    Bowlers ,PM me for a freebie :)

peace
    Jorge

8. Music collecting....

Book collecting, Military history & car books!

I dabble in a little photography too...

9. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

pinstriping, collecting strange stuff..(mostly hotrod/roth/kustom kulture related)

motorcycles, all kinds, i recently bought a dual-sport bike and have been riding as much offroad as I can....racing in a rally in SC in feb. i hope i dont die....

10. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Old Telephone stuff ..signs, ect

Attached Files:

11. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I got into this this past summer I am attending the Academy of Knighty Arts and testing on wednesday to see if I will advance to a higher level.my instructors are international champions.I have not fought in a toutnament yet but have donesome inschool bouts and win my share.I enjoy living history doing rev war and mountain man and with the sword fighting hope to get into sca and renfair.I will be making my own armor and have started with my helm I turn 53 on feb 3rd !I'm teaching the grand kids the sword and i also enjoy woodworking with hand tools

12. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I collect Roth Memorabilia,
    http://www.kaparich.homestead.com/rothkits.html

and I'm a self taught amusement historian. Roller Coasters, carousels,Old parks, Coney Island etc.
    This interest led me into woodcarving, and I now make my living in that industry creating 3D sculptures from basswood. (lots of carousel horses and such)
    I also have a really big collection of pedal cars as well.

Attached Files:

13. Scott K

Scott K

I make sawdust mostly. Occasionally something useful comes out of it.
    Collect books on subjects that interest me...WWII aircraft, Arts & Crafts architecture, wooden boats, hot rods. And, spend way too much time surfing the net.

14. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

Besides my cars Im a bass player in a local classic rock band and I have a bassment full of R.C. airplanes from small elec. to 1/4 scale gas planes. I allso have a 47' 1/32-1/24 slot car track in my garage and I go to a local hobby shop and race slots on larger track every week.

15. I enjoy Chinese cooking. Even cooked for small dinner parties.

Rave reviews ! :D

16. sgtslaughter

sgtslaughter

Nightlife photography kinda a weird how i turned that into a carrer . Also Band photography .

17. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Most all of my hobbies are car related...I collect antiques, especially license plates; antique toys (not all are cars, but most of 'em are); gas staion memorabilia, antique gas pumps; antique machinery; literature; etc. I spend most of my time in my machine shop making stuff and wrenching on my cars.

18. - Collecting mid-century EVERYTHING (lamps, art, furniture, dishes, etc.)
    - Collecting old nudie novelties, pin-up and erotica
    - Pin-up Photography
    - Pin-up Modeling
    - Interior Decorating
    - Sewing
    - Riding, restoring old scooters (Vespas Lambrettas, etc), and going to scooter rallies
    - making and then DRINKING foo foo cocktails
    - Vintage make-up and hair
    - Camping, in a camper with lots of ammenties only. (tents BLOW)
    - THRIFT SHOPPING!

..... Everything else i'm into is just depraved debauchery not suitable for this audience. Especially you, Breeder. :eek:

Stacey

19. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Awesome!!!

20. I'm in love.

- Action Girl

21. Too bad it ain't me you're in love with.

Say, aren't you taking your HUSBAND to Vegas with that great Christmas bonus?

22. Something like that... hehehe :D

Stacey

23. Yeah, I see right through your soft, silky, curvaceous & buxom exterior...

I gotta go now. Something just came up....:eek:

24. Freq2002

Freq2002

I'm one of those damned lefties, too creative for my own good. So, here's the list of O/T hobbies in no particular order:

Motorcycles, ridin em, workin on em, & buildin em.
    Model railroading, mostly N-scale.
    Carpentry.
    Coca-Cola machines, restoring & the like. Have a 70's 64-bottle machine at the powder coaters right now!
    Photography. Next to my car & the '56, this is my most expensive hobby, and one of the most fufilling.
    Oddly enough, I like to sew things. Car & bike covers, soft luggage, spare tire covers, toneus, seats, I can make anything really. Side bennefit of having industrail machines in my shop at work.
    Art, mostly pencil drawing, but lots of technical & graphic arts stuff as well.
    And, I build & modify computers. Not any good at programming, but I can build one mean mutt! :D

25. Abomb

Abomb

Lots of RC airplanes, some electric, some homemade gas. I also just ordered a RC helicopter, that should be expensive to learn to fly... I'm the road captain in the motorcycle club I belong to, so I ride the ol' harley quite a bit. I have a 2 year old son, so I don't have time for too much stuff. I spent 6 hours today digging snow out of my driveway, but I'd like to quit that one.

26. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

27. rodknocker

rodknocker

gee i don't know how this will be taken, due to the fact that i've read through everybody elses hobbies and none come close to metioning this, but i'm a hardcore disco rollerskater,old school skates wheels side by side not front to back. don't hate me cause i'm beautiful

28. Me and My Brother Scarliner were in 3 bands while kids, in the 60-s thru 70-s .......
    Then I started a collection of women-Only got up to the one and shes lasted up till now:D[35yrs] ....together we have a collection of two children, which has evolved into 2more Grandchildren [and counting]....
    I collect old License plates and ScriptValve covers[and project cars]:) ..OH Oh ..and 40's pinup girl and B movie posters.....

I have re started the Music end of my life[4 Guitars]......
    Have always rode and owned and built motorcycles,so did the kids....
    I recently started buying my own town a peice at a time......[:D its very small]...
    I'm boring you all -so I'll stop now.!!

29. 55fairlane

55fairlane

Motorcycles actually got me into cars, but lately the cars are taking over. I still ride twisty mountain roads whenever I can.
    I love hiking now and then.
    I have played guitar since I was about 12 but never got good enough to make any money at it so I got into the technical side of music.
    I mix and record bands live and in the studio and if you ever want to open a nightclub and need a killer sound system, I can build a pretty mean one for just about any budget.
    I had a nice microphone collection at one time but i sold most of them to buy car parts :D

30. Same here. I got big bucks for my RCA 77DX and my Neumann KM84.