Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T: Bakersfield HAMBer's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KernCountyKid, Oct 3, 2007.

1. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

My grandpa and I were yakking about his days as a construction worker for PG&E in the 60's & 70's and he told me about a unique job he worked on.

He had torn the sidewalk out in front of Pinky's Liquor and the owner asked if he could possibly dye it pink when they replaced it. My grandpa said that if the owner would get permission from the city he'd do it. The guy was able to get the city to sign off on it and my grandpa did go ahead and add what I think he called red oxide to the mix and poured that fella a pink sidewalk.

I'm long gone from Bakersfield, but I was wondering if anyone could snap a picture for me if the sidewalk is still there. I'm sure my grandpa would really get a kick out of it, and I'd like to see it as well.

Pinky's is still there, here's the address

10515 S Union Ave

2. smokindave

smokindave

I know exactly what place you are talking about, my parents live out that way "where the farm land is still plenty"....I will definitely snap a picture off for you this weekend. PM me your email addy