Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Anyone seen this CNC machine Hexapod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by realkustom51, Feb 28, 2013.

1. realkustom51

realkustom51

Just think where this will be in a year or so. I invision a bot walking up to a small block and crawling all over it, surfacing the block ect.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=quN37YskoaM

2. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

3. deto

deto

the apocalypse is here... it just moves slowly

4. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

I must have been asleep, things are getting very technical.

5. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

this is why alot of americans are out of work. monster routers. their coming for your job next. we must design a monster router stopper, or a big bomb. thats really what we do best anyway.

6. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

next the damn thing will be doing our surgeries too. pretty amazing use of technology though

7. Got a love techy stuff. Go with it or go the way of the dinasour.

8. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

I saw this hexapode at N.I.S.T. in Gaithersburg, Md. It was mainly used to machine nuclear warhead parts. If that's a top secret (they didn't say it was) then I might not be here pretty soon but it was nice being a HAMB'er for a while.

[​IMG]

The gray "tubing" you see wrapped around the lower cylinder above the tool holder is some stuff we make that was being tested to confirm that it improved the machine precision by an order of magnitude (X10) by controlling temperature. It worked but nobody cared too much so it's not commercialized for that purpose.