Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any tractor guys on the H.A.M.B.??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Silent_Orchestra, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary in da UP

Gary in da UP

Tractors?, I thought you'd never ask!

Attached Files:

2. Juztyn00

Juztyn00

My dad's '49 Allis "C" He bought it 25 years ago for $400 and paid $400 for a new Woods mower for it. After 25 years of mowing his 5 acre yard, the only repairs have been the starter rebuilt twice, and the magneto rebuilt once, new radiator and tires. We felt sorry for it this last year so we put a new coat of paint on the old girl and made her shine!

[​IMG]

3. wannadrag

wannadrag
    from WI

[​IMG]My last summers project 1948 Massey Harris 44

4. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

Gotta '39 Super M Farmall. All original never been into. It was sitting next to the '41 Ford PU I bought @ 7 years ago from an old retired farmer. They had both been in his barn in NW Iowa since 1963. He just couldn't break up the pair. So I gotta two for one deal. @ $2500.00 for the pair!

5. itsahemithing

itsahemithing

6. NAILHEAD JONES

NAILHEAD JONES
    from Lomax ILL

we have 2 john deer As a 60 dc16 case and a 730 case when times were down i sold my mm 602 but im always lookin for more mms

7. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

Here is a monster tractor built by Dean Lowes father Buzz. Deans brother Jack and I would try and pull wheelies with this thing when we were growing up. That's one tought tractor. This picture was taken at the Tulare California tractor show this last April. Dean took the time to restore it to it's original condition. Great job Dean. Oh and for the hot rodders check out the radiator shell.

Attached Files:

8. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

Here's a couple pics. of my old Worthington tractor, they were made for mowing golf courses and used Model B Ford running gear.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Thanks for sharing the stories and pic's,My brothers a tractor nut.
    Over the years we've had Massey furgesons,Zetors,Fiat,and
    Ford 3000 and a Ford 4000 with a bucket.
    Sorry but i dont know any of the models exept for the fords.
    My dad worked for Chamlers John deere for 28 years until the closed
    there doors.I'am still trying to convince my brother on restoring
    an old fordson tractor that was once in service on the fremantle docks.
    Thanks again.

10. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Ive got a '39 8n that tends to my "gentleman farmers" pumpkin patch. Theyre growin' good so far this year!

11. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Worthingtons are cool, I'll have to get a couple pics of mine (on a '40 somethin' Dodge running gear, with a 218 Flat Six, Dodge truck nose, hood, and cowl.

12. choprodz

choprodz

Vintage Ride King by Swisher. I think this one is a 1967. The OG zero trun. Front wheel truns 360. Bought it off the side if the road for $75. I mowed my lawn with it and it really works good. Im looking for one with good sheet metal so I can restore mine. I wrench on hot rods in the drive all the time but for the first time this project got my 85 year old neighbor out to help. He had one years ago and still rememberd how the belts go. Big fun, little mower. Yes I feel like a nerd talking about a lawn mower. LOL

Attached Files:

13. [​IMG]

1938 Allis Chalmers Model B Asparagus 125 CI, magneto, gravity feed fuel. Top speed 7 mph. My first restoration after the kids grew up.

14. 5window

5window

I've got a '63 Ford 800 series-but it's my daily driver-in fact,as soon as the dews off I am going our to cut hay.

15. Ferguson t-40 I think it's called.
    It works and works and works....

16. 1974 Satoh 650G Mazda powered Last year shipped to US & a JD 75 FEL &6' rear blade Just big enough to do some damage Works good for pushing cars in the shop & reclaiming our drive way gravel after a rain

17. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I had fun in the 1960's running around the fields with a Hubber fourwheel drive steelspiked wheel made around the 1920's that was still on my great aunt's fram in mid state NY,very hilly fram,but some one stold it off the fram in about the 1970's when my aunt was sick.
    Love to fine out more about that one.:cool:

18. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

I finally found a picture of mine..

[​IMG]

19. skidsteer

skidsteer

My brother just finished rebuilding a JD Model "L", it is a simplistic thing of beauty. I couldn't believe the frame is just basically a piece of 4" pipe! I'll try to get some pics later this week.

20. jinxd

jinxd
    from ohio

51 8N. Trying to post pix, but not sure how to do it.

Attached Files:

21. jinxd

jinxd
    from ohio

22. Hotrod1932

Hotrod1932
    from Oregon

23. 1949 John Deere M, use it every winter to plow the driveway. Mine has the nice front mounted factory blade, no sore neck for me. I worked in the repair shop of our local New Holland dealership for 8 years. No-one else knew carbs so whenever a 9,2 or 8N would roll off the truck it came directly to my bay. I can rebuild carbs and set up three point hitch mechs. in my sleep.

24. MY MIRACLE FIND

I have spent over 20 years trying to locate my uncles old 1968 Ford 4000 which I had spent many summers on back in the 1970's. Found it this past summer in another state through a fluke and told the current owner I would like to buy it if he wished to sell it. Maybe one day he will sell it.

Back in the late 80's he took the tractor to the local Ford/New Holland dealer dealer for an engine rebuild and the dealer said "well I have a brand new diesel long block engine that will not be that much more". In a nutshell the gas engine was taken out and the diesel put in.

To be honest I was disappointed as I figured if I ever purchased the tractor it would be a pain to find a complete, correct gas engine along with all the trimmings (distr/timing cover,manifolds etc).

I went to see the dealer who did the transplant and asked if he had any parts cores/distributor that I could buy to start collecting up and told him the situation with the tractor. I figured the original engine was long gone. He said "Oh that is M... P.... tractor, I still have the engine back in the storage building but it's stacked away-give me a few weeks to dig it out" . I just about fell over.

After 2-3 more visits and 3 month later and trying not the bug the dealer to let me get the engine, I finally was able to get it after 4 months. I am tickled to death. The unit # on the block is 8C15B which corresponds with the tractor. The engine is 100% complete, it even has the flywheel.

Not sure why the engine was heading for a rebuild but the antifreeze still left in the engine is green and the oil is still dark brown-not milky white. I figure that MP was originally going to rebuild tells me the block was not trashed.

Now, to buy the tractor.

Attached Files:

25. Ramblur

Ramblur

69 Ford 3400 Industrial and gas at that. Dad bought it new when I was 9
    and its worked every year since.

Here she is having her way with a 38 Chevy...
    [​IMG]

26. jeepman

jeepman
    from az

you guys needing tractor ifo or parts, check "my tractor forum". it's kind of like like hamb

27. Toner283

Toner283

We have the 1949 BF Avery that my grandfather bought new. it will get restored someday but for mow it still does the odd bit of work around home.

Here it is being used for tow truck duty. disregard the O/T dually project it is towing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  28. 1952henry

1952henry

I always thought the Super 99s with the Screamin' Detroit was neat.

29. 1952henry

1952henry

They would. They have adjustable lifters, but the lifters are a bit heavier than your garden variety Johnson lifters.

30. I have one very similar, but it is called a BIG-MOW........I used to use it as a kid, now it needs restored. Your mower looks great!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.