Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any tractor guys on the H.A.M.B.??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Silent_Orchestra, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manyolcars

manyolcars

I have my grandfathers 1940 Model H Farmall.
    It sat in my yard for 25 years and I never started it until a few months ago.
    It fired off and and runs Good!

Of course during the 25 year 'rest' I put diesel down the exhaust pipe and down the spark plug holes and handcranked it every 6 months.
    I use it often now.

2. metalman

metalman

Late 30's till 53 my Dad had a Minniapolis Moline agency so I grew up around them. We just sold the last 3, a 38U (1st tractor he got as a agent), 46UB and 53 UB (the last tractor as a agent) + tons of parts at our farm auction. They were in running/working condition. I hated to see them go but the family sold the farm, I had no place to keep them. They way Dad kept his tractors always wish he had been a Ford car dealer instead of a tractor dealer!

3. got a few crawler in the antique area the rd6 is 1938 as is the r2
    got a 1929 Cat 20 too, the D8 is about 1957 and is getting a 24 volt start

this is a lot harder to work on than cars and really hard to haul 50,000 pd items that dont run or drive
    well they are different to work on than cars a little less details on somethings:eek:

Attached Files:

4. Rudebaker, I also have an old Wheel Horse but mine is a 56 .It looks like a little Farm-All. I pulled it out of a guys back yard for free and threw a 5 horse Briggs in it just to get it running. With the governer disconnected, dumping the clutch in first yeilds some real good wheelies !!! It's got the factory rear fenders, tool tray and a nice set of mini farm bars on it. Some day I plan on giving it the restoration it deserves. Mike.

5. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a 1936 w- 30, early 60's cub 70, a homemade tractor powered by my greatgrandpa's 4 hp cushman binder engine. A couple rusty D J-D , 22-36 IHC in the pasture to be restored someday. 3 maytag engines ,several 1 lungers 1 1/4 to 5hp.

6. I have a Ford 2N, mid-1944 production - probably was built about the same time my Dad was given the choice of being a Wehrmacht officer cadet or become a Landser and get a one-way ticket to the Russian Front. He got the tractor in 1953 after saving up money to buy a 40-acre farm for his family after they emigrated from Germany to Nebraska in 1952. In the early-mid '70s it's what I learned to drive on until I could drive the hand-me-down '66 Newport sedan. It's also what got me into restoration - I loved the looks of the thing and it got me interested in flatheads to the point I got my '40 Standard Tudor in the fall of '79 (still have it, and it's still a shell).

I started to clean the tractor up in the late '70s and rebuilt the "half-Merc" engine in '83, then my sister-in-law ran it into a combine and punched out the radiator. Sat for over 20 years until we got it into the garage a few years ago. Have been trying to get it to run since Dad died two months ago so that I can put it back to work on my acreage.

Also had a '52 I-H "H" and "M" that were my step-grandfathers, but Dad sold those of in the early '90s. Found out when we sold the "H" that it was the second-to-last '52 "H" built.

7. dentprone

dentprone

Have a '63 Ford 4000 diesel with front end loader attachment and a '65 Cub 100.....amazing how much work that little dude can do. I also have about 60% of an old David Bradley walking tractor.

8. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

I have a 1940 Ford 9N I use on a weekly basis....blading the drive, plowing the garden,
    dragging old cars around, and lifitng engines...

With more than 400 different attaachments available for the FERGUSON designed 3 point, the 9N, 2N, and 8N flathead fords are very universal.

9. tom grieger

tom grieger

OK ,HERE we go again . The tractors I have, and any other unusnal vehicles ,I have had good luck in finding parts. Skinabones is in the process of getting a PANZER TRACTOR , but missing important parts. Mainly the grill ,which supports the steering shaft. THE GOOD NEWS IS !! , that you can still get parts ! DANDY SALES, which I believe is in Maine U.S.A. still carries most parts and afew attachments. You can go to the panzer tractor page and find parts diagrams and pictures to go by. Hope this is helpful ,good luck tom of Stewartstown, Pa. U.S.A. P.S. Iwork for EXPLOSIVE EXPERTS , ! When driving their trucks, You receive a lot less ROAD RAGE !

10. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

I go for the MM brand..........Rich

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

RED for me. Pulling for 25 years. 966, 1066 and our newest addition 1466. Even used to pull a hot running M. Favorite was the old 1206

Attached Files:

12. I have a 1950 Farmall Cub im working on.

and a 1915 CASE HAY PRESS

Attached Files:

13. ...I believe the WC's were made til 47, then they were WD's,...I own a 50 WD with a front loader, use it to grade dirt/gravel, plow snow, move cars/trucks around, lift engines and cabs, etc. ...they are nice to have around. ...interesting thread.

14. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

this was a video i made a while back from the moultrie Ag expo, a lot of different stuff in here, but there are some great shots and some video from the tractor parade in here somewhere. The sad thing is the begining of the video was of the pontiac race cars that were there. Also a shot of the robotic lawnmower from virgina Tech, before all that mess happened. If you ever come to the huge ag expo here, happens every year, there is a large section with antique tractors, old machinery,etc. a lot of hit or miss engines, I love those things, just neat stuff, they have a huge tractor parade, nothing like seeing them crawl along in a parade with American flags waving. have to love em, they built this country. We wouldn't have gotten too far without food to eat. The neat thing about a lot of these restored tractors, is a lot of them are still working today. sorry about the editing of the video, i hadn't gotten it quite figured out when i made this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsoEs-yJXuA&NR=1

15. I've owned three antique tractors. First was a '54 Allis-Chalmers WD45 with the wide front steer. It was a pretty good rig, overall. Bought it with a thoroughly trashed brush hog, which got replaced quickly. Used it for nearly seven years, until it got destroyed in a tornado six years ago this week. The frame got bent on it. Really.

Before the tornado, I also had a 1937 Allis-Chalmers Model B that I bought at an estate auction, already restored. There was only a PTO on it and no hydraulics, so it was pretty much a show rig. No attachments for it, so it did not get a lot of use. It survived the tornado with just a scratch on the radiator cowling! Traded it for a nice '67 Chevy C-10, which was then traded towards my '37 Terraplane!

Last one was by far, my worst tractor! It was a '51 Ford 8N. Pretty rig, looked great, never worked for shit. Hydraulic problems, oil pump tube dropped into the pan, electrical system (what there is!) was useless. Joyfully sold it at a farm auction after two years of almost no use, because it was a complete POS.

These days, I have no desire whatsoever to own any antique tractor. I'll get a modern Kubota or Mahindra before I'll ever consider another old tractor. I currently have a 12-hp Hokkai Ford Diesel 4x4 tractor with a 4' box blade that I grade thr driveway with, and occasionally "assist" a car with. Small, but it does the job it's supposed to. With that said, if a great deal on another A-C jumped in my lap, I might take it!

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  16. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

there are a lot of good ones out there that still work fine, don't give up on them because of a bad apple. I know people who have those same fords, don't have a bit of trouble. your's must have been built on a friday before a holiday.

17. manyolcars

manyolcars

That Cub will never run again! :)

18. checkedgoldtop

checkedgoldtop

Check out my "392 hemi found on craigslist" post

19. checkedgoldtop

checkedgoldtop

Woa!!!!

Attached Files:

20. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

Had a 9n for years. Great tractor, sold it. Now im hooked on a early Wheel Horse. I would like to find a Cub Cadet.

21. My 50 8N.

and the Hot Rod version!

Attached Files:

22. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

I think the first motor vehicle I drove was a Ferguson 35, grew up on that thing. First ever 'restoration' experience was painting a rusty Ferguson 20 to trade in on a loader for the 35. Now I'm into Caterpillar and Deere. Here's my cnc lathe programmer pulling on his '59 JD 730.

<object width="445" height="364">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B2RHR1Q0enw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></object>

23. We have more than enough 3 farmall M,s 2 350.s ,1 300 uyility, superA ,2 vac case,930 case diesel,2 B farmall,s Model U moline Bf Avery, TD14 A international cable crawler, D47U cat crawler , Cletrac crawler, C farmall and a Factory yellow painted H farmall that was used by the WW2 air base at Walnut Ridge Ark. to pull the planes around. Also all kinds of powerunits and Tons junked tractors and machinery on the farm in the middle of thickets full of briars and blackberry plants. Dad is a german and would neverallow any scrap to be sold because the jews controlled the scrap market. I know that it is probably racist and not poltically correct. But he is 86 years old and came from a different era.OldWolf

24. No pics handy, but I kind of grew up on John Deeres. Spent a lot of time as a kid on a '41 "H"; followed by a '42 "A" and a '54 "60" when I got older. Would like to own a another "H" someday, but no money and no place to put it or use it here in the cul-de-sac.

25. Plenty of us still here in southern Mo. I dont lift anymore I use my tractor &FEL

26. dentprone

dentprone

I got a Cub 100 I'll make ya a great deal on :D

27. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

Post a pic for good times.:D The shipping:eek:

28. rumely

rumely

Here is a picture of some of my tractors and a couple of cars.

Attached Files:

29. That's a unique storage barn! Bet it's a bee-otch to get that '57 down for a cruise...!

30. Fighter-of-Wars

Fighter-of-Wars

I have a John Deere 80 myself and many others owned by the farm. Including but not limited to. A international/McCormick Farmall T-340 Crawler, 560, B, and a Super M/D. A John Deere A, and a 60.

Here is a movie of me on my 80.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzgQ6B9UpJ4
    </EMBED></EMBED></EMBED>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.