Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any of you guys collectors of other stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jul 30, 2007.

1. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

OK, here goes...

1. California Impressionist oil paintings, landscapes, turn of the century to 1940's
    2. Pocket knives, the older the better, I have about 125 of them, some pretty nice ones
    3. Swords, mostly old Asian
    4. Guns-mostly vintage rifles, old Mausers, Schmidt-Ruben, my Fav is an old Enfield Mk4 .303
    5. Gems & Minerals, dozens of specimens, from huge Quartz Crystals, to Fish Tail Selenite
    6. Cap guns & holsters, from the 1860's to 1960's - Sold one Roy Rogers double gun & holster set for a world record price at auction-$7,400.00!!
    7. Vintage Kids western style toys, leather chaps & vests, character play sets, (Lone Ranger, Tonto, Maverick, Roy R, Hopalong, Etc.)
    8. Marbles, old 1800's type, made from stone, and clay, and a few glass ones
    9. Old tobacco felts, in the style of Indian Rugs
    10. Cast Bookends, cold painted bronze, Indian characters
    11. Vintage NASCAR ephemera-Programs, and vintage competition licenses, and vintage drivers paychecks from the 50's & 60's
    12. Vintage Indycar ephemera
    13. Old military medals, from WWII
    14. Fancy old carved wood, lacquer, inlaid stone & shell trinket boxes
    15. Tools

There's more, but that's enough, you get the idea...Hey, I'm sick, OK?

Oh, wait! there is one more...

My all time FAVORITE:

#16. Friends, I've got lots & lots of really incredible friends - I'd never make it without them...

Eric

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  2. BrandyMcCoy

BrandyMcCoy
    from Michigan

I collect sewing machines, the treadle machines are awesome and hard to find the early models, what's the serial number on your machine? I can look into what the date and model is for u

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. BrandyMcCoy

BrandyMcCoy
    from Michigan

I collect sewing machines...old and new

Attached Files:

4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I collect and buy and sell old automotive related magazines from the 70s and older. I always have an add in the misc for sale section trying to sell some to buy more.

5. Vintage Airbrush's, pre-1925.
    Currently have around 300, but still looking for more.
    I paint, but don't use the airbrush. I just enjoy the mechanical aspect of them and how well they have held up over the years of abuse, and non-use. It all started because of my need to paint a large area of a flat even color. This needed to not have any brush strokes, and the spray worked really well. Looked up on what mediums were available for this, and I could not believe the number, variety, and the age of the many different makes going all the way back to the 1890's.

6. flathead okie

flathead okie

I collect old oklahoma auto license plates. i still need the 1915.

7. Quote from "Big A"

"A friend of mine has 7 Gretsky rookie cards. A different friend just sold one for $1700.I thought hockey cards were great to put in the spokes of my bike to make motorcycle noises with. If something is worth having/collectable/valuable, chances are I painted it, burned it, traded it or gave it to Sally Ann. "

I put a Gretsky card on my kid's bike once, but it just made a whiney sound!!!:D

HEY, I can knock him, I'm Canadian..

8. 26 roadster

26 roadster

got my wife a Milwaukee treadle machine and know the history of it out of the hills of Tennessee. It has all the attachments and works great.

9. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

I stopped buying collectables because it takes up too much room. + I have a kid in college. Now, I only collect stuff if it has some kind of sentimental value to me. Or if it is "Free".

10. MOguy

MOguy

Glasses; the majority are from the late 50's and early 60's. I just like them - of course, I only buy glasses I like. I must have a few thousand. Most are boxed away, but I change which ones I'm using every few months. The ones I was using go in storage and others come out, get hand-washed and put in the cabinet for daily use. If I break one, it makes me sad, but I enjoy using them too much to keep them safe from my clumsy hands. This photo's from a few years ago, but the glasses in it are fairly typical.

Attached Files:

11. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Hit miss farm engines. Have about 30. Nothing beats the feeling of getting something to run that was outside upside down in a field for 30 years.

Chris

12. Shot glasses

I seem to be able to use them as I collect them!

13. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Found another "good deal" on a treadle w/ an electric conversion, great shape

14. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Pint glasses and apparently parking tickets.

15. Mercchev

Mercchev

Comics, Hot Wheels, Old post cards, GI Joes, and lots of parts I broke off my F/A-18 while flying them for 20 years...Antennas, refueling probe tips, tailhooks, joysticks, altimeters, 8 day clocks..

16. Searcher

Searcher

Old thread .....
    I'm guilty..... I've collected stuff since I was in my teens. I like well made mechanical things... to include just about anything that interests me. I didn't get the organized gene from my dad however... so stuff is just where it fits.
    German stationary steam engines... American clocks..... Ray Ban sun glasses, Wayfarers mostly... Signs...Coca Cola, etc, etc.
    A few pic's I just took....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Nice steam engines Searcher!

Searcher likes this.
  18. Searcher

Searcher

I've restored a few German steam engines with the help of a friend in Belguim.....
    This is a Rare Rare Marklin.... that I stumbled across.... my friend made the wall partition that was missing and a few other things.... it dates to around 1917.

[​IMG]

J. A. Miller likes this.
  19. I like to collect dead presidents and '32 Ford parts. HRP

jadegrenade 51 likes this.
  20. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

I tried collecting dead presidents but it seems I was always trading them for something I didn't know I needed, like taxes and stuff.

21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I would think it would be hard to collect dead presidents if you collect 32 Ford parts:)

The Rabid Whippet likes this.
  22. After reading this thread from start nearly to finish, I was beginning to feel all alone. Then I spotted hoof22's post and realized that I'm not the only mineral collector on here. I have several hundred of them, and always looking for something I don't have. Also have a fairly nice fossil collection, and a good start on miners lights.

I see that several who have posted collect decals. If anyone has an early Chet Herbert Cams decal they'd be willing to part with, I'd sure like to have one.

23. Zenbone

Zenbone

I have a lot of vinyl records, i listen to them so they are not put away in plastic or anything. but i am up to around 5,000 records. Also have quite a few electric guitars. I have about 15 video game systems from Atari forward with thousands of games but i am thinking about selling them off and just keeping a few that i like to play connected to the tvs.

24. camerl2009

camerl2009

little bit of everything from antique furniture to guns im a bit of a addict when it comes to the guns though mostly ww2 stuff my favorites happen to be my great grandfathers lee Enfield N04 Mk1 that he dragged through Europe and my Mk4 martini henry

25. Cammer12009, I have a couple of 303 Lee Enfields, and am about to inherit a 30-40 KRAG from my father in laws estate. One of my Enfields was still in the wrappings, straight from a British armory in Ireland.

26. camerl2009

camerl2009

yeah there was a few thousand brought in to Canada a few years back from Ireland by the government one of our home based units in the artic called the Canadian rangers still use the no4 mk1 and they needed some replacements what was left over was bought by dealers they come up for sale from time to time. i only have the one the majority of my collection is made up of Russian surplus and sporting guns. sorry for going off topic

27. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

P1010024.JPG P1010020.JPG P1010023.JPG

A lifetime of collections forced us to have an antique shop. 20 yrs now...

28. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

29. cs39ford

cs39ford

all most anything cool IMG_0030.JPG IMG_0031.JPG

Muttley, enloe and Zenbone like this.
  30. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

my frieds pointed out that I institutionalized my hording tendencies by working in museums. I've actually sold off most of my childhood "collections" to fund my hot rods and other transient hobies. Maybe someday I'll have the disposible income to collect all the things I like :)