Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any of you guys collectors of other stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jul 30, 2007.

1. rld14

rld14

Some coins and stamps... Stamps aren't really stamps, I collect Covers (Stamps on the original envelope).

Mainly US 1861 issue to foreign destinations, specifically the 24c stuff.

2. well my first collecting was cushmans, sold them finally, then moved on to caterpillar machines , sold most of them still got a d8 d7 and #12 grader, had 3 motor cycles traded one off, and got 7 rods and customs and would buy more if i could get rid of some!!!
    wife says i have compulsive behavior,
    cars sure take a lot of room and money:eek:

3. dmikulec

dmikulec

Mostly just bad habits. It's about all I can afford since just about everything else has gotten too expensive. :rolleyes:

4. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

i collect antique tools, pre ww2 guns, antique boats, antique fishing gear, motorcycles, engines,military equipment.

5. jazz1

jazz1

I never thought of it as collecting,,,just don't sell nothing it seems..got pedal cars, old guitars,automobile stuff, knives,lighters,bicycles, just all sorts of old stuff,,,

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. Underwear from the scanks that I"ve nailed. :rolleyes:

Thats woman only for you homo types.

Oldmics

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  7. Oldmics, a single pair of panties is not a collection!!

Sorry- just couldn't resist.

Mick

8. I collect antique pocket watches. I am not steady enough or have good enough vision to work on them but I still am attracted to them. To me they are like a good looking woman, you can never have too many.

9. R. Damien Toonker

R. Damien Toonker

Wow, I love looking at what people collect. I remember reading in some psychology book that collectors demonstrate a higher form of intelligence. Everyone in my family collects something. My pops collects padlocks and shaving mugs. My mon collects baskets, whiskey bottles that feature Elvis and old mayonnaise jars. My cousin Helen collects the right arms of dolls.

I collect so many things. For example:

Anything Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
    Anything Boba Fett
    Signatures of Gen. Grant
    Signatures of Don Knotts
    Signatures of Otis Campbell, the glue dipper
    Thimbles
    (1) McDonalds Happy Meal from 1987 (w/o medium drink)
    Postccards of Chevy trucks pre-1950
    Arrowheads
    Ink Pens
    Knives, especially those that have been worn upside down on 782 gear
    Mr. T dolls

[​IMG]

10. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

I collect switch blade knives. Now called "auto opening" for the politically correct. :rolleyes: I love anything mechanical that's finely tuned.

11. scarylarry

scarylarry

The newest thing added to the pile, 1920's-30's advertising automatons. Also other animated store displays.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow Jazz, Show us a better pic of that rusty pedal car on the left ,Please.Looking for anything you might want to trade for it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  13. All of the "crap" you have is only "worth" something if someone buys it...you must find the right buyer to pay what you think the stuff is worth...that ain't so easy...if it was easy, there would be a lot more "wealthy" people around...I personally wouldn't give a dime for anything Star Wars....You better get busy and see if you can find that certain guy to buy your stuff...As for me the only other stuff I collect are Aircooled Vws.....never any problems at all selling them for the right price.

14. I have been doing a good job at collecting traffic tickets

15. No different than selling a car. I didn't care for any of the Star Wars stuff my mom had collected,but when I asked a guy at a local collectables store he said he had a customer that only buys Star Wars and he gave me 5k for everything,no questions asked!
    One thing my mom always said to me was..."it's not in the value,it's all about the hunt". I agree cause I love looking for the things that interest me.
    I used to have a backyard FULL of VW parts! W decklids,bumpers,steering wheels,low-back seats,Weber carbs,EMPI stuff. I made plenty of cash when I decided to move on to Hotrods. Made many VW guys happy,hahaha.

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

You're right Bad Bob, the fun is in the hunt. I unloaded a bunch of things last month to take care of some debt. Stuff I'd had for 30-40 years, no regrets, it was time to move on, it was just stuff someone else thought had more value than I did. Bob

17. Your interests change over the years. The only thing I can't part with is my Hotwheels. I have gotten rid of lots of stuff i've had for years,but my diecast collection will be with me til they punch my ticket.

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

You must be a bit younger than me, I never got into Hot Wheels, but have all the old Highway Pioneer models Dad built for me back in the 1950's. They used to sit on the window sill in the livingroom. Years later mom wrapped them in plastic and put them in a box. I should make a display case for them. I've bought unbuilt kits for all of them plus the missing ones. Do I ruin the collector value and build the kits, or open the boxes once a year and look at the parts? Bob

19. I have a collection of collections. Too many interests!! Cars, guitars, old memorabilia, old guitar effects, anything old , pool tables, trains, oil cans, old car heaters, carbs, Pontiac intakes, Enough said.

20. Most hard core collectors prefer un-opened boxes/packages. I bought a Wheaties box the day both my sons were born. My wife decided to open one of them and take the cereal out. I was so pissed! I have a friend who has a collection of Wheaties boxes with all the famous players and teams on them. He's been offered pretty good money for some of them. I would display the models that were in the window. I have all the original ROTH models. I bought the repops and opened them,instead of the originals. Plan on building them when I retire.

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sould I go out to garage and get the box of opened on both ends and neatly stacked cereal boxes to see if there are some good ones there? I was going to list them on that auction site for a friend. Bob

22. hahaha I don't think you'll get anything for them....
    A smart collector would have saved the bubble gum and thrown out all those stupid baseball cards,hahaha.
    I don't know if you have looked through this whole thread,but there's some interesting collections here. Some things.....I just don't get.

23. I collect Japanese woodblock prints, 19th century. I think I'm the first in the thread for those. No pics, maybe I'll go take one.

I also collect Japanese diecast robots from the 70's and early 80's, partial to one particular brand:

1976 (A childhood toy of mine too)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  24. Do you have Gigantor?

25. Not in a 70's/80's diecast but a newer one.

26. power wagon

power wagon

i seemed to collect junk,anything automotive ,guns ,signs, my interest seems to change alot

27. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I've been sitting on an ENORMOUS box of comics that goes back as far as the late fifties/early sixties and right on up to the early nineties, simply because I don't know anything about comic books. Wouldn't know what any of them are worth, if anything! The box of comics was given to me by a neighbor, who got them for free at a yard sale. She had the same problem and decided she just didn't want to bother with them. So they sit...

28. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Barely have enough $$ for my cars and shop, let alone collections. Guess I could buy stuff to put on a shelf if I quit eating and drinking. I think things like record or, tool collections are great, ya know- things that you can use, but just don't quite feel the need to collect a bunch of widgets just to look at or, show off to others. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it is just not my thing.

29. old vacuum tube radios. Nothing like listening to something like the World Series on a 1941 RCA.