Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any of you guys collectors of other stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Lost_N_Austin

Lost_N_Austin
    from Some Beach

Telecaster guitars, guitar picks and autographs
    [​IMG]

License plates and Pedal Cars, marbles, Signs
    [​IMG]

Oil cans
    [​IMG]

L_N_A

2. fanspete

fanspete

Stoneware made right here. Here's a small sampling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Joe Grippo

Joe Grippo

This has been one of my favorite threads on the HAMB….so I finally grabbed some quick shots of my collection of Dumb Junk. It mostly consists of Drag Racing and Hot Rodding related posters with some Rock n Roll in the mix for good measure. Also my old helmet and model collection is on display with a bunch of my old stuff from when I was a kid including magazines, toys, records, decals etc. Peppered through out is a sampling of vintage photographs and mix of current stuff I have shot. If there is interest I will include some detail shots…..Thanks for checking it out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Joe Grippo

Joe Grippo

Here are a few more shots of what I got.......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Lessee, two packrats in the same house; She collects coke stuff, art deco watches, and music (she has to have a few thousand CD's, She got an 160GB ipod for her birthday in August and is only up to "M" in putting her favorite 3 or 4 from each CD in, 58gb so far). She also makes jewelry, so she has a large collection of jewelry making supplies.

I have the car parts, pedal cars, 1/18 and 1/64 die cast cars, model cars, (I'm beginning to see a pattern here), books about cars and any other thing I run across that has to do with hot rods. I also have 2 50's gas pumps and some other petroliana, 5 different BBQ grills and smokers, lots of cook books and a few Persian rugs... I had a buddy from Iran and Turkey who taught me what to look for.

6. jrsautografx

jrsautografx

Wow, what a lot of great stuff you guys have. I collect Hot Wheels and any off brand if the car is cool, Hot Rod Show World magazine, anything Petty Racing related, model cars, fantasy art books and calendars, Dirty Harry paperbacks, NASCAR patches and driver autographs, hat pins. I still have old Hot Rod magazines and comic books though I can't remember the last time i picked up anything new.

7. L110Mike

L110Mike
    from North OC

Social Distortion Setlists (not mine, but a good idea of what they look like):
    [​IMG]

Track spikes. Specifically Nike's distance spikes. I needed rent money a year ago, so I had to thin the herd a little, but this is one of the most comprehensive collections you will find. I decided to throw in a pair of my "creepers" too :D.

a few highlights:
    top row, far left: Honolulu Marathon Nike Mayfly. limited production.

bottom row, towards the right, you'll see 1 red and green shoe. this is a Nike Miler, from Rashid Ramzi, who ran the fastest 1500 meters ever run in the US in May '06. After the race, he tossed one to me and the other to another guy.

[​IMG]

Neon red and green spikes, of which there are 2 is the Nike Jasari. the best spike ever made, hands down. They routinely get $200 plus in the condition that mine are in. I have every variation the jasari's were ever made in, and in some cases, 2 of each.

[​IMG]

the Nike Zoom Kennedy series. Having one pair is hard enough, let alone all of them, in my size (12). One other fun part: i've raced in them. A lot of people don't race in theirs, but I do. I ran in several National Championships in them.

[​IMG]

8. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

As a Registered Radiologic Technologist ( X-Ray Tech ), I collect shocking/unusual X-Rays and C.A.T. Scans. I have several head C.A.T. Scans I've done of gunshot wounds to the head, an internal decapitation (head separated from the cervical spine/neck), all kinds of foriegn bodies/objects inserted rectally, and even some X-Rays of animal parts I would occasionally submit, as a joke, to the Radiologist for reading. I've also played around duplicating X-Rays such as superimposing a light bulb in the center of a skull ( Fords Better Idea ). I also done friends cars, X-Mas cards, and other things, on X-Ray film. Butch/56sedandelivery.

9. Hey Bob be careful with selling old stuff for big dough !! There's some prick on the What's A Hemi Worth thread that's calling poverty flats ,me, and some others RETARDS for selling old stuff for a good proffit !! I'd hate to see things get out of hand LOL >>>>.

10. Kerry67

Kerry67

Time to update and show off some of my collection. Lots of diecast (mostly station wagons), Pinball, automobilia, Greyhound Racing.....This thread is killer.

Attached Files:

11. saints

saints

I had 89 hall of fame signatures on baseballs then sold them to build my car... wish i had saved them now.....live you learn

12. Model cars, tin robots, horror movie posters, Kung Fu movies, old soda bottles, punk zines and records, tikis, bottlecap men, metalflake helmets, rubber Halloween masks, Hot Wheels, VW toys, bizarre art, pretty much any kinda odd krapola.

13. Finally took some pics of the stuff in my American Graffiti cabinet.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Kev the only thing missing it the More American Graffiti 'Milners rail' kit. But as they go for in excess of $1000 I'll let you off.
    What an awesome collection.
    Doc.

15. kev ,killer graffiti collection!

16. jrsautografx

jrsautografx

Hey Kev, Lot of nice Graffiti stuff. I met Bo Hopkins and Candy Clark at a car a few years ago, me and some buddies were producing a cable access show at the time. He was a great interview, even did a sound bite for us in character, she was stuckup.

17. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I have 500 license plates

18. patzfab

patzfab
    from Canada

I have about 2500 Matchbox Cars....At least 1 of every "Yesteryear" produced till 1990. and most of all the 1-75's for the same period.
    Some are worth a lot...a lot are worth almost nothing.....

19. hemi

hemi

Mickey's Malt Liquor caps... one at a time.

[​IMG]

20. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I'd watch out, I bet your liver is plotting a revolution!

21. hemi

hemi

Yes! And I will sell the caps off and buy another! (this actually has taken quite a while to amass...)

22. I have a good collection of Hotwheels, models, and presteele (Tonka) toys.

23. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I collect all kinds of odds'n'ends. Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Tiny Tonka model A hotrods, any diecast cars that catch my eye, old license plates, coins, stamps, pre-1850 documents, antiques, you name it! My wife hates me. LOL

24. hollywood 423

hollywood 423
    from west ohio

About 500 Hotwheel and Matchbox cars,cig. lighters, Fender guitars, semi-auto telegraph keys. With names like Vibroplex,Mcelroy,Speedex. Have about 47 as last count.

25. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

26. donzzilla

donzzilla

I have a lot of other motorcycle collectibles, but the Evel Knievel toys are the biggest part.

One can never have enough!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  27. hemi

hemi

i also kind of collect Basic Bike Company stuff. They were a mid-school company in the early 90s out of Canada. Really neat, envelope-pushing stuff for their time. The Small Town Hick revolutionized flatland frame geometry.

[​IMG]

And a Standard Bykes lot - 1st series STH, that they began with.. (pretty rare)

[​IMG]

and their trademark maple leaf sprocket..

[​IMG]

If anyone has a full or partial set of silencer pegs, I've got cash money.. :D

28. zorch

zorch

I collected records for about 30 years, I'm getting ready to thin that herd out right now. Collect vintage smut, old men's magazines, some Jayne Mansfield and Lily Christine stuff, odd and weird car accessories, vintage brass knuckles and blackjacks. I sold one real good collection of vintage blackjacks and started over again. I also buy a lot of ephemera and photos, surf stuff when I can buy it right, and books. I have thousands and thousands of books. Books are a great love and always have been.

Here's a taste--photo of Jayne Mansfield in a 1961 Indy 500 parade with husband Mickey Hargitay.

Attached Files:

29. Ledfut

Ledfut

I am a collector of Canadian militaria from the Second World War. I have a fairly good collection of helmets, weapons, cap badges, paintings, recruiting posters, web gear, maps, and field equipment. Just trying to do my part to help preserve an important part of our nation's history...

30. EX WIVES .....

Just kidding honey :p

Attached Files: