Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T 1968 Scrambler?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nutwagonfromhell, Sep 7, 2007.

1. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

Can somebody school me on the 1968 Suzuki Scrambler? I just got one for 300 bux and I have no idea what it`s worth running. It`s a 250cc all original with title and original manual from the dealer. I plan to get it running and resell it for 1000 bux unless it`s worth more. All it needs is a front valve stem and Ignition coil for the right cylinder. Excuse the mess in my garage. we did some work on the house and everything somehow ended up in the garage lol.

Attached Files:

2. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Go to egay and do a search and see what they are selling for. If you know enuff about the bay you can search completed items also to get selling prices. Ive got a kinda rare Kawasaki streetable dirt dike in the shed that my kid got in trade many years ago but we never got the title. We looked on ebay and found a few for sale. I need to file for a lost title and sell the thing.
    Dave

3. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

I did a search on ebay and couldnt find a single part for it. I think it`s really rare. It`s a twin cyl. 2 stroke and may be too fast for me.

4. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Ya know after I OPENED MY BIG MOUTH sorry caps lock I looked too:D Nuttin.. Maybe a call to your local stealer :confused: They should at least be able to tell you if its rare or a POS :D
    Dave

5. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

well if this dont beat all I did some searching and got this

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="90&#37;" bgColor=#ffffff border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>1968 Suzuki 250 Scrambler -- sold for $1800
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    [​IMG]

http://www.bradsbikes.com/price_guide.aspx
    theres the link to the web page..
    Ok now whats my comission :)
    Dave

6. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

Thank you. I guess I can make a few on it. the one on that site sold for 1800 mint condition. I heard these things make good flat track bikes and race bikes. Everyone tells me It`ll smoke a new vette off the line. ofcoarse the vette is a plastic turd but they move. Sounds too fast for me, It tops 70 mph on factory specs.

7. wvenfield

wvenfield

What about the box that looks like it has some old models in it? :)

8. you may get better results when searching for parts using the model number...i believe it is TC250..also check for T20 and X6, i think the motors are the same

9. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I used to have one in mint condition sitting in the living room. Traded it for something to drive years ago. It was probably worth a couple of thousand then. If yours is nice, you should put it away for a while and I suspect it will be worth much more in the next few years. You'll really enjoy having it around, too.

10. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

11. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

Ya know, people look at me funny when I tell 'em my Dad used to keep his motorcycle in the livingroom. I find nothing unusual about it at all! :D