Register now to get rid of these ads!

NYfatboy saying hey

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by NYfatboy, Nov 5, 2005.

1. NYfatboy

NYfatboy

Been looking at this site for a while,think its kool,so I joined.Back in '76 I was a 14 year old gun nut,one day at the smoke shop, I was buying gun magazines,looked down and saw a 57 chevy on the cover of a magazine.Said to myself,I want one of those! Started buying hot rod,etc, but found myself with a love for fat fendered cars,maybe cause they look like me.Read street rodder back when pat ganahl was editor,He was cheap, so I liked him.Saved up $60 and tried to buy a 36 Pontiac from a guy who had trimmed the fenders to look like a 32 ford,but he chased me away.Learned to drive in a 64 pontiac wagon with a 389,slimjim,and a bad exhaust,thought I was kool.Got beat by my dad for sneaking it out with my friends,but I couldnt stop cruising Astoria Park.Been thru over 200 cars,usually unregistered,uninsured and unfinished.Tried to own at least two of each,thats how you keep shitboxes running,you know.Anyway, now I'm in my forties ,and still havent grown up.Got 2 36 ford sedans(4 doors),both piles,but I love them.Just got rid of a 57 Ranchero,2 broncos and two vw's.Damn towns are trying to clean us out.Also have a 74 bug convt(rusty),a 67 stang convt, an 83 stang convt, and building a 69 charger with my 18 year old son.All these cars are rough,and none of em registered, but someday,whichever is "done" first,that will change!36 slantback is up to running status,now its time to start sanding the rust.Is there anyone from NY on here, or am I the only one who tries to save these things?Ive collected a lot of junk over the years,when I get the chance I'll likely try to sell some,but for the moment,I'm enjoying reading the posts.Thanks ,NY fatboy

2. ROCKET303

ROCKET303

Welcome, Ther's a bunch of you new yorkers here.....maybe you should post some pics....and then get to work on finishing sumthin'?

3. NYfatboy

NYfatboy

Thanks,was working on 36 today,but how do I post pics? I got plenty.

4. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

Welcome to the Board