Register now to get rid of these ads!

NW car show.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by new wave terror, Jun 11, 2005.

1. new wave terror

new wave terror

I live in tri-cities WA.Its aboy 2-3 hours from the bigger places like Seattle,Tacoma,and Portland.I was sitting around yesterday and started thinking why not a traditional car show.Theres Cool Desert Nights in June and its usually alright sized and usually hot and usually with very few traditional type cars.What Im looking for is some kind of response to a show maybe in September.Not to hot or anything.Im kind of interested in who and how many people would like to come,if I could get a swap meet going,maybe some bands or something.Im going to start looking for a place to have it while Im waiting for responses.If I like what I see Ill really start getting into it.Since itll probably be at some kind of fair grounds Im thinking maybe 10 bucks a car.Possibly 2 bucks a head.Just to pay the bills if there are bands,pay the rental of the place,maybe some kind of trophys?Id like to put all the profit back to the hamb.Im open for suggestions of any sort.If youd like to come or sell or anything leave me some kind of message.Thank you

Matt

2. If you build it they will come!
    Find an old abandoned airstrip and have Sat. night drags with it and that would be killer! I'd def. make the trip for that. Would you be strict about who can bring their cars? ie age limit-say pre-'65 or style restrictions (no billet), etc? If so, that would be cool, but may take a little longer to catch fire unless there are tons of people on the east side running trad. stuff. Hot Rod-O-Rama has done well with that formula, but probably a greater population of that type of car over here. I'm sure lots of people from this side would attend though.

3. new wave terror

new wave terror

I kind of like the idea of the jalopy showdown they have in PA.That seems pretty cool.Racing around a dirt track.I would like to have some restrictions like pre 65 cars.Age wouldnt be a big deal because maybe it would catch on with some of these kids that are building rice buckets with fiberglass then something orginal.Thanks for the ideas.