Register now to get rid of these ads!

nuther newb canuck

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ynottayblock, Mar 20, 2006.

1. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Hi my name is Brent.....and im a hot rodaholic (cheesy, i know)

Well, i have been on for a little while and havent got round to introducing myself, so here goes....

My name is Brent and I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I have been a fanatic of cars for as long as i can remember and a fan of the early days of rodding for quite some time. I am currently working on a 1931 Model A pick-up that i have had for 6 years (which i bought at the ripe age of 18). It has been on hold while I went for "higher learning". So with school out of the way the project is back on. I have already learned a bunch in my short time of being on here and will definently learn a bunch more. I would just like to thank everybody on here for helping each other out, this site is like the bible.

for those of you who are interested heres a rendering of my project....

This was done by me, im an artist and a pinstriper...so if you need anything done drop me a PM.

thanks

Attached Files:

2. Hey Brent great to have ya here at the HAMB..............nice work!! You'll have to check out the Friday art post and put up some more of your work. :)

3. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Thanks for the response. Yeah I got a few pinstriped items I will be posting on the art post this week, with plenty of other work on the way. Cheers!

4. So are you getting back at the 31 model A project? Was this rendering of yours a pic of how you want the 31 to look like? If so.....it be a very kool ride!!

Attached Files:

5. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

yeah thats the plan. I have drawn atleast a couple hundred sketches of it (im a bit of a perfectionist) with various different modifications and colour combos etc. But this is the first time I have actually finished a sketch that I am happy with. So that is the plan and im sticking to it. The only thing that will change on that sketch is it is running a SBF with tri power, which wont happen so it will be a 351w with a single 4 barrel until i find a decent Y-block
    and build it up right. So with fingers crossed, that is what she will look like. oh BTW thanks for the compliment.

6. Sounds like a good plan bro.............you'll like the 351, they make lot's of go!! That coming from a Chevy guy!! :):) I like the green as your colour chose. Would you be interested in a 1955 nailhead buick motor and tranny in the way of vintage power? Got a call the other night from another hot rod buddy that said there was one for sale for about $200. Anyhow look forward to seeing future pic's of your beast being built. How to run into ya over the summer!

Cheers, Mark

7. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

nailheads are beautiful but im a ford guy to the bone (dont hate me :D) im pretty stuck on the y-block. Hey you got any pics or links to pics of your car so I know what to look for this summer?

8. Spoken like a true hot rodder that bleeds Ford blue. :) Here's a pic of my old girl.....remember I'm a Chey guy...ha, ha.

9. Spoken like a true hot rodder that bleeds Ford blue. :) Here's a pic of my old girl.....remember I'm a Chey guy...ha, ha. Mine is the green 55 with no hood.

Attached Files:

10. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Nice, I'll keep my eyes peeled for that one. Hey, do you ever go to the woodward dream cruise? being from London it makes it nice and close.

11. Go to down to Woodward every year ......last year was the first time I drove the Chevy to it. Went down with 3 other cars and had a great time as always. It's fun also to catch up with other HAMBers from Mich. at the cruise. Lot's to see (40,000 plus cars). :)
    I'll be in Toronto tomorrow night at the Bovine Sex Club at the lauching of a new line of womens underwear. Do you have a studio or a place where you do your ART at downtown Toronto?

12. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Me and a group of buddies have been going to Woodward for the past 6 years and have an absolute blast, its my yearly vacation.

I live downtown T.O. (queen west) not too far from the Bovine actually. I have a little set up in my place where I do my artwork. The only downside is garages in T.O. are few and far between so I have been using my brothers garage in Hamilton as my workshop for the truck.

13. Garage space in the "big smoke" must be hard to find indeed, nice to have a brother with a garage. Sounds like you have a good thing going with a studio at home and Hamilton isn't that far to travel to work on your wheels.