Register now to get rid of these ads!

NuRelic Power Window kits?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazy Legs, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

Hey everyone, I'm working on replacing my factory power windows in my 54 Ford Victoria 2 Door hardtop and long story short from what I can tell "NuRelic Power Windows" are the only people making a conversion kit for it for a whopping $925 or more depending on options.

My question is, I did a quick search and found no reviews on them, has anyone delt with these guys, quality or any info on them?

I want to get the "bolt in" kit but really leary about spending that kind of $$ on it considering I really don't see how this bolts into my windows....... if anyone else has any other ideas or other places to get this from let me know :)

Thanks,
    Eric

2. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Have them in my 40. Great quality and tech support. How about Electric-Life, they might have something. I have had them in my 53 F100 for several years with no problems.

3. Gman0046

Gman0046

Nu-Relics good quality but pricey. Not sure about Electric-Life. What's wrong with your current power windows? I just had the drivers window motor fail on my 63 BelAir. Couldn't find a replacement lift motor locally but found a Dorman all purpose motor, part number 742-250 for $50.00 which works fine. You can't beat the $50.00 price tag on a lift motor anywhere. Just had to do a slight modification on the install.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  4. southsider

southsider
    from Pella, IA

Hey Eric - My dad put a set on his Terraplane coupe about 12 years ago and has been very happy with them. The Terraplane had an odd regulator that the window rolled back a couple of inches for a vent and then rolled down. He sent in his regulators and they adapted GM electric motors to them.

BTW - the car is looking awesome, but people are going to start questioning your sanity with a candy cane drive shaft and leopard print engine compartment!!!

5. hotrodhoodlum

hotrodhoodlum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nu-Relics quality is top shelf and the staff is very knowledgeable and friendly

6. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

I checked Electric life and they only seem to have a universal kit and that sounded iffy....

Current power windows are junk, locked up, worm gears stripped and it seems they are 6 volt but i'm 100% sure on that. I originally thought about modifying what was there and adapting it with a new style lift motor but it doesn't seem like a good option at this point.

LOL, thanks southsider, yeah its pretty crazy project but I figure no-one will ever see any of the insanity :)

Thanks guys, looks like Nu-relics it is........$$ OUCH!

EDIT: I found a guy on Ebay that sells the same NuRelic kits at a cheaper cost but he said he's not through them so not sure what to think, I thought about saying screw it and just paying the extra $40 I'd be saving through him and just ordering them from Nu-Relic that way if any warrantee issues or whatever pop up they'd hopefully be more likely to help.

7. ochamsrasor

ochamsrasor
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have owned and installed 6 pairs of these, in my opinion the best on the planet, one regulator out one back in the same holes. This is the way it should be. Also really nice people to deal with.

8. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

they're made here locally--I know one of their machinists. good folks and great product.

9. those doorman motors are ford replacements and they were the same for years. pull a parts are full of them in taurus's and windstar vans and they are cheap. post a picture of your motors and someone might be able to help match them up with newer ones.

10. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

"EDIT: I found a guy on Ebay that sells the same NuRelic kits at a cheaper cost but he said he's not through them so not sure what to think, I thought about saying screw it and just paying the extra $40 I'd be saving through him and just ordering them from Nu-Relic that way if any warrantee issues or whatever pop up they'd hopefully be more likely to help. "<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

11. Spend the extra $40 and get the from Nu-Relics. The money saved won't be worth the head ache if/when you have problems. Nu-Relics are great people with great products.

12. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

I installed a set of Nu-Relics in a 55 T-bird. Fit was great and best of all, they work better than the factory units. Great people to work with to. Spend the extra and get them directly form Nu-Relics.

13. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

I have Nu-Relics in my '51 Ford, '55 & '67 Chev Pick ups - the only way to go. Great product & service.

14. Almost a grand for power windows?:eek:

What ever happened to good old fashion adapting later model motors to existing window regulators? HRP

15. atomickustom

atomickustom

They do work well, but you can just buy inexpensive universal lift kits. Make a bracket or two and voila, they work. The universals I put in my '53 Chevy were very similar to the factory lifts on my dad's '85 GM van. The motor just pushes the lift up and down a track. You just trim the track to fit your door, mount it in at the right angle, and that's that. Easy, and you'll save about $600 not $40.