Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Number of Flatheads out there

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Desoto291Hemi, Mar 14, 2021.

1. BJR

BJR

You sir are a HORDER!:eek::D:p

2. I’m a pauper compared to most of you, but I have two cars (32&40) running 59AB’s, two not running 8BA’s and two not running 59AB’s, plus a couple of not running B bangers.

3. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

2 running and 2 non-running.

continentaljohn likes this.
  4. Antifreeze ? We don't need no stinking antifreeze....we'll just drain the block !

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  5. Basically have three runners - a Merc I did a valve job on runner on a engine stand....and Robert's motor I bought from his estate after he passed ( who I got my 39 Deluxe coupe from ) that he had old wheel chair Charlie (his last I'm sure) rebuild that's on a run stand - and a nice 1937 framed runner that was given up for a pro-street chassis. I know I have a 53 Merc and a 1950 Merc put back - but I'm pretty sure there is another Merc runner I did the valves on stored under my shelving. Have homes for 3 of them......

6. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Pretty hard to estimate how many still survive, but my wild guess is about one out of every hundred made, of the Ford V8.

7. rusty valley

rusty valley

2 59's in 2 34's, hmm...4 used runners, 4 unknown. I made a run in stand a few years ago, and its fun to get a dead thing running again. this does not always mean they are good, they just run. I guess I am easy to entertain !